Old Everton Pictures

Really? Well the news source I was reading was wrong. I always thought it was for throwing stuff. I was relieved to read it was because of FIFA, but now back to throwing stuff. :(
I'm pretty sure it was following a dart being thrown near the goal from the Park End in a game against Spurs.

Spurs, 1985

CfGrcfgW4AQYKOo.jpg
I am in the seats just above the Reid's head in the shadow!! Honest!! Brilliant night.

....perhaps it's England.

No, I think it is Everton - we wore white shirts in the 1933 Cup Final.

From the article below:

"After Everton settled on their now famous blue shirt/white shorts combination in 1901, for many years plain white shirts were their regular change colours save for a black and white hooped ‘Everton mint’ design used in the 1905/06 season when the club won their first FA Cup".

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-launch-green-kit-9815921

No, I think it is Everton - we wore white shirts in the 1933 Cup Final.

From the article below:

"After Everton settled on their now famous blue shirt/white shorts combination in 1901, for many years plain white shirts were their regular change colours save for a black and white hooped ‘Everton mint’ design used in the 1905/06 season when the club won their first FA Cup".

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-launch-green-kit-9815921

....good shout, of course we did wear white in 1933 and numbers from 1-11. Dixie being the original no9 in more ways than one.

...I was there too, Dario. For some reason I ended up with the Spurs fans but it was great seeing our 'end' erupt with the goals and to hear their supporters saying 'these are some team'.
They threw everything at us in those last few minutes when they pulled one back having been taught a lesson by us For most of the game. Southall wonder save from a Galvin (?) header late on sealed the win. Tbf their fans took it pretty well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back