Old Everton Pictures

Yep, Kendall in 14 secs.
I actually missed that goal, but even before the cheering had died down Bally added a second. ;)
As @Andy C said, we were just so relaxed at 5-0 up that we started treating it as a training session.
I had a drink with my cousin a few weeks back (He's still a United fan) and I reminded him of that game. He agreed that we were awesome that day.
The holy trinity on their day were unplayable an utter disgrace that the great Kendall , and Harvey got one cap between them it was the southern bias that kept them out players or donkeys like Alan Mullery played, Sir Bobby Robson if he had been the England manager would have had the three of them in all at once, even today you see Danny Drinkwater who had a great season for the Champions left out of the Euro squad, Jack whilshire hardly kicked a ball gets in the squad nothing changes!
The holy trinity were telepathic all IMO on their day word class midfielders!

images.webp
Great days- or at least my Dad says they were.

You're Dad's right it would be great to get that invincible feeling back again for our younger supporters who haven't tasted any real success yet including my own two sons.
Yes it was not just the winning it was the way we played - I was fortunate to have an older brother who took me to most games home and away within reason - to be stood there at an away game when winning easy and the home supporters were admiring the football saying how lucky we were magic days!

Yes it was not just the winning it was the way we played - I was fortunate to have an older brother who took me to most games home and away within reason - to be stood there at an away game when winning easy and the home supporters were admiring the football saying how lucky we were magic days!
Wish I'd been born a few years earlier to see that great team Joey,I can only say it was similar for me back in 1985, went to virtually all the games home and away and it was fantastic talking to or hearing other clubs fans saying what we already knew,i.e."They're some side that Everton":)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back