Old Everton Pictures

That picture might be one of the best goals I ever saw at Goodison for technique. Definitely Jimmy Husband but cannot remember opponents. Long ball from right back area he let it drop over his shoulder and chest and hit it on the volley as it dropped in front of him. Usually your knee gets in the way but he was such a skilful, graceful player. Absolutely flew into the net. 1971 ish I would say but not sure.
Right with the year 1971 v Middlesboro in the cup ;)

Never show whittles first goal in the Gladys st end I was right behind that shot in the park end with most of my family only three of us left, sadly pleasure to see that entertaining footballing side I have ever seen that Harvey goal was a peach!
I have only ever seen the Whittle goal once on TV, north west news the 6 o clock news the next day, a couple of seconds of grainy footage only. It was a bit of a scruffy goal iirc, trade mark close finish from Whittle.

everton-v-sheffield-wednesday-fa-cup-final-may-1966-64502.webp
everton-v-sheffield-wednesday-fa-cup-final-may-1966-64502.webp
everton-v-internationale-of-italy-european-cup-1963-64506.webp

Right with the year 1971 v Middlesboro in the cup ;)
Jimmy was a great fast forward till Dave Mackay finished his career at home in the league cup v Derby DB never even got booked it was a one on one too a certain goal if Jimmy got through never even got booked should have been sent off a sued by Jimmy different era but it finished poor Jimmy!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back