Old Everton Pictures

73-4-5-hls-bweu-19740420.jpg

The 66 celebration with Harry Catterick in the forefront and behind him Fred Pickering, the sixties version of The Latch. My first game watching the blues was against Blackburn in 1963 us getting beat 4-2 with Pickering scoring three, I recall. We then did what the likes of United, Chelsea and City do today, and that is go out and buy those good players, and signed Fred for £80K. In his debut, he scored a hat trick for us this time. I was there to witness that one as well. He weighed in with a good few goals during his time with us, and was famously injured for the cup final which meant Trebilcock played in his place.

The 66 celebration with Harry Catterick in the forefront and behind him Fred Pickering, the sixties version of The Latch. My first game watching the blues was against Blackburn in 1963 us getting beat 4-2 with Pickering scoring three, I recall. We then did what the likes of United, Chelsea and City do today, and that is go out and buy those good players, and signed Fred for £80K. In his debut, he scored a hat trick for us this time. I was there to witness that one as well. He weighed in with a good few goals during his time with us, and was famously injured for the cup final which meant Trebilcock played in his place.
Pickerin bang um in was a very underrated forgotten blues no 9 imo started at Blackburn as a fullback!
got some great pics of him will put them on when my slipped disc in my neck recovers;)

My old fella always reckoned we should have bought a fella called McEvoy as well who was Freds foil at Blackburn,Pickering gave Brian Labone a torrid game and he recommended him to Catterick so the story goes!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back