Old Everton Pictures

h_00350534.webp

Everton setting off for a tour in Australia
h_00350831.webp

At sydney cricket ground,Everton set another 1st by being the first foreign team to play there

I also read an article by Jack Charlton many years ago after he had retired, and he wrote about the return game at Elland Road when Moggsy went straight through him. I cannot quote it verbatim, but it went along the lines of, in the words of Charlton;
'I was moving out with the ball, when, CRASH, the whole world sent me face down in the mud. I looked up, and standing above me was Johnny Morrissey. He looked down at me and glared and said, "Right, put that down in your little f......g black book". Then he calmly walked over to the referee to receive a booking'.
This is apparently genuine.

....I can believe that but what a fine player Morrisey was, shame he doesn't talk about the game much since he retired. Brian Clough loved John Robertson in that great Forest side and he reminded me a lot of Morrisey, dip of the shoulder with a little body swerve and deliver. Very economical, very effective, very underrated.

....I can believe that but what a fine player Morrisey was, shame he doesn't talk about the game much since he retired. Brian Clough loved John Robertson in that great Forest side and he reminded me a lot of Morrisey, dip of the shoulder with a little body swerve and deliver. Very economical, very effective, very underrated.
And very true.

My first Everton jersey when I was five,number 11 on the back, nuff said Eggs!!:)

Thats me with the Blue and White scarf...:cool::bye:
Got home from Norwich some time the next day after stopping at the White Horse Pub in
Market Harborough with the managements blessing we could stay as long as we wanted, so it was about half six the next day before we set off home ...
2nd pic....Highbury was just a blur...

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back