Old Everton Pictures

Is this from the 3-4 defeat at Goodison in 84? Always remember Gordon Davies scored a hat trick that game and the press saying our bubble had bursting in terms of the championship. What did they know we didn't lose in the league again until after the championship was secured!
No Fred Pickering was in 1964
Just got that picture no date to it?

No Fred Pickering was in 1964
Just got that picture no date to it?
I think Fred Pickering was about 50 in 1984 pal!
I think I'm wrong anyway; it's definitely the season before (83/84 ) season as now it come back to me I'm sure Chelsea wore all yellow that day and if that's Alan Irvine in the background he'd gone by the December 84

Last edited:
I think Fred Pickering was about 50 in 1984 pal!
I think I'm wrong anyway; it's definitely the season before (83/84 ) season as now it come back to me I'm sure Chelsea wore all yellow that day and if that's Alan Irvine in the background he'd gone by the December 84
Yes Dec 22 1984 Chelsea beat us 4-3 -Bracewell and Sharp 2 pens were our scorers -
sorry for mixing up Pickerinlol

Is this from the 3-4 defeat at Goodison in 84? Always remember Gordon Davies scored a hat trick that game and the press saying our bubble had bursting in terms of the championship. What did they know we didn't lose in the league again until after the championship was secured!
This is Villa not Chelsea, one of the defenders is Evans and the lad upfront is Walters. The badge is Villa's I'm pretty sure. Plus Adrian Heath is in the picture and he got injured that season again Sheffield Wednesday at the start of December and didn't play for months. We played Chelsea later that month

I can name four..left to right 2nd in ..B.Harris next to him partially hidden A.Young next B.Collins and directly behind him J.Gabriel

Bingham on the left, light hair behind Collins George Heslop ( went to city won league, had pub in olde Prescott) dark hair to right of Collins Frank Wignall

I've seen this photo (on here recently Harry Cooke snr, retirement) from another angle and Dunlop's in there at the back being his usual happy self

Yes I noticed that too. I remember wondering how many likes you had for starting this then seen they'd changed the OP from yourself!

it's an outrage to be honest and an attempt to undermine me, much like when I was leading the rep points & 'a certain member' started up many accounts & hacked dormant ones using the default password so that he could rep himself during the night from a faraway place.

CqeydgcXEAE0b_F.jpg

It is Villa but from the 1983-84 season. Chelsea were in Div 2 that season, haha.
As you can see from one of my previous posts I realised it was 83-84 as Alan Irvine was in the background and pretty sure they wore all yellow in December 84 game but have to admit thought it was Chelsea as thought it was Colin Pates in picture

As you can see from one of my previous posts I realised it was 83-84 as Alan Irvine was in the background and pretty sure they wore all yellow in December 84 game but have to admit thought it was Chelsea as thought it was Colin Pates in picture
The season we lost 4-3 and went on a winning run is 1983\84 that game in that year it was Chelsea it was the year we won the league too, but when I posted that picture the was no details with it - just Andy Gray in action !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back