Old Everton Pictures

WA502284.jpg

Never, ever been so excited about a signing since. Remember it like it was yesterday.

One of my favorite players. Don't care where he came from, he was brilliant.

I got crushed in tyhe holt end held up on the coach on the M^ got there at 3 -15 pm the blues fans had kicked the wooden doors down so intead of us hunting for our correct gate to go in being late we piled in to the open gate big mistake it was right at the back thousands were in without tickets fans fainting people being sick with the crush - we tried to get a place it was like hitting a wall of bodies awful game HK was never fit awful game we got to the coach will the reg number and we heard a massive roar My older brother asked a coach driver who had his radio on who had scored just ended the nightmare of a day swore blind I would never go to another semi final, and I stood by my word it was scary the crush !
I had stood on the kop in a full house and survived but that overcrowding could have been ala hillsborough it was horrific .
my older brother stoon on a plinth right at the back I just sat there bemused he still had the original tickets in his pockets!
Similar experience for me Joey, marginally worse perhaps. I was then 15, rushing to get out of the shop on my morning paper round caught my thumb in the door ... tore a gash in the flesh, blood everywhere, still got the scar. Got the coach (Home James) which broke down on the M6 on route, then delayed in traffic, parked bloody miles away, knowing we'd missed the kick off we all legged it as fast as possible to the ground getting there at half time. Don't remember how we got in, but it was at the back of the Holte End. The heartbreaking injury time goal. I'd already made arrangements after the match to ditch the coach home so I could meet my brother who was also at the game, and then lived in Birmingham (student), half a mile from Villa Park. Got to his digs, it was freezing as I recall & he was ages getting back. Had some scoff and a natter and went to a pub in Birmingham city centre. Got a late train back to Limey using nearly all my money, too late to get a bus & not enough for a taxi. Had to walk 5 miles home, getting in about 3am. But we do it don't we, because we're Blues & it's a way of life.

I was so excited going to Wembley for the first time. What a dump it was, and the match wasn't much better.
That was the game were I developed my pathological hatred for all things Villa, and that was BEFORE the final at Old Trafford.
Me and my mates were back on the football special at Wembley and waiting to pull away for the journey home. In those days you could pull the window in the doors right down, and this I had done and was talking to a seemingly civilised Villa fan on the train back to Brum right alongside us.
Their train jolted and started moving when this unmentionable gobbed right into my face the biggest mouthful of spit, with me having no chance to get my own back.:rant::rant::rant:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back