Old Everton Pictures

everton-training-at-selsdon-park-for-the-league-cup-final-match-against-enhkg2.jpg

Everton training at Selsdon park for the League Cup Final match against Aston Villa

wolverhampton-wanderers-vs-everton-soon-after-this-picture-was-taken-g37t8r.jpg

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS Vs EVERTON. Soon after this picture was taken the crowd swarmed on to the pitch

goodison-park-home-to-everton-fc-the-football-stadium-is-located-in-ex036h.jpg

groundsmen-try-to-clear-the-snow-from-the-pitch-at-goodison-park-home-enhm1y.jpg

goodison-park-home-to-everton-fc-the-football-stadium-is-located-in-EX065R.jpg

everton-goodison-park-east-stand-bullens-road-1-leitch-august-1969-legendary-football-grounds.jpg

Yes I put that picture on an age ago with both lads names the one on the right never made it Dave was super sub for the red lot!
It's out of a great book I got on the car boot probably all over the net now if I get time I will get some rare photos if I am well enough out of my book collection and J peg them to upload for this thread;)
Cheers, never liked him though. :)

Great shorts, Dixie and Tommy Johnson. Johnson played in attack with Dixie - 146 appearances, 56 goals. In 4 years at Everton won the 2nd and first division titles along with the FA Cup. He also played for England ; signed from Man City and subsequently moved to Liverpool helping them escape relegation - boo !

Cx4sNbQW8AAMOIJ.jpg

Just found this

There is a reason he is my avatar. Yes, Lineker was a goal scoring genius, but in my 37 years watching Everton, Adrian Heath is the best striker I had the pleasure of watching. Sharp, Gray were fantastic, but watch Inchy in this clip, especially the 4th goal. He was a perfect all round player, great control, excellent running with the ball, positional sense, knew where the goal was and yes, Inchy could head a ball - see the FA semi against Southampton :)) whose career was ruined by a silly injury (never forgive you Marwood).

There is a reason he is my avatar. Yes, Lineker was a goal scoring genius, but in my 37 years watching Everton, Adrian Heath is the best striker I had the pleasure of watching. Sharp, Gray were fantastic, but watch Inchy in this clip, especially the 4th goal. He was a perfect all round player, great control, excellent running with the ball, positional sense, knew where the goal was and yes, Inchy could head a ball - see the FA semi against Southampton :)) whose career was ruined by a silly injury (never forgive you Marwood).

Here's the clip featuring that Marwood tackle, at 6:38 you will see Riey's retribution,how we could do with someone like him in the midfield now,this game was also the first trip back to Goodison for Mick Lyons,once again give me a few players with his heart in the team these days and I'd be a happy man.

...I knew Dave very well, our football paths followed a very similar route and he was a team mate for a while. He's a nice enough lad actually, our fathers travelled to away games together. Dave sadly lost his wife a few years ago. He's ok but of course he is a red.
Know him quite well being from Formby Eggs,really nice fella even allowing for him being a red(grabs tin hat)I actually got Davie to sign my 1976 Derby programme from the tinmine when he scored in the last minute against us:oops:lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back