Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

football-29th-april-1978-goodison-park-everton-everton-v-chelsea-bob-picture-id78959599
Someone's sat in my season ticket seat there;)lol

We were proud and defiant in defeat mate!!! Cracking team that fluffed its lines on the big day...not a lack of effort or bottle. Streaky rebound for Astle set up a brilliant shot he would not do again if he lived to 100. Their manager was clever and stifled us.

Brilliant, i'd never heard about that. Shows how much stronger the connection between fans and players was back then.

We were proud and defiant in defeat mate!!! Cracking team that fluffed its lines on the big day...not a lack of effort or bottle. Streaky rebound for Astle set up a brilliant shot he would not do again if he lived to 100. Their manager was clever and stifled us.
we didn't help ourselves as per usual.

PROUD? I wasn't; I was absolutely gutted, I've never been so gutted before or since.

Went to work Friday, left the Greenhills in Allerton after last orders Friday evening, drove down over night, did the morning pubs at Smithfield market, played footy in Hyde park - Missed Clay/Ali. Saw the game...I still can't listen to 'Congratulations' by Cliff that they played after the game.
We found our car (a Hillman Imp ) drove North a bit, said 'K It, and found a pub somewhere. I was still that gutted it took me all night to get 2 or 3 pints down...I just couldn't stomach it. We got home a god knows what A.M. on Sunday morning
Get up and go to an open top parade...I should 'kin Coco.

we didn't help ourselves as per usual.

PROUD? I wasn't; I was absolutely gutted, I've never been so gutted before or since.

Went to work Friday, left the Greenhills in Allerton after last orders Friday evening, drove down over night, did the morning pubs at Smithfield market, played footy in Hyde park - Missed Clay/Ali. Saw the game...I still can't listen to 'Congratulations' by Cliff that they played after the game.
We found our car (a Hillman Imp ) drove North a bit, said 'K It, and found a pub somewhere. I was still that gutted it took me all night to get 2 or 3 pints down...I just couldn't stomach it. We got home a god knows what A.M. on Sunday morning
Get up and go to an open top parade...I should 'kin Coco.

I always thought that was '66, not '68?

I always thought that was '66, not '68?
That was why I missed him then, I was gutted about missing him twice as well.
Still turned up for the last game of the season Vs Fulham where we pasted them could've been 10. Then nobody would go home until the players came back out.
This weekend we might go home if they DO come out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back