Old Everton Pictures

ShanklyGoodisonx400.jpg

13th January 1978 - Everton were my greatest rivals to a degree that bordered of enmity. Yet at the first match I went to Goodison Park after I had finished with Liverpool I got a tremendous reception. That was a tremendous feeling of elation - that here were my deadliest enemies. when battle was over saying hello. Since that day I have been able to get tickets from Everton and have enjoyed the hospitality of the club as I have at all other football grounds.

Shankly went to Everton - Derby County on 17th August 1974.

"The visitor in the director's box at Goodison Park needed no introduction. Bill Shankly spent his first Saturday afternoon in retirement watching his local home match.
DIRTY KOPITE. HAPPY NEW YEAR, HOPE YOU GET THE NEW JOB. XXXX

Wasn't he supposedly a bad'un Bally?Gave the People newspaper the story that half our team were on Purple hearts when we won the league in 1963,this followed the Tony Kay bribe scandal in the same rag,my old fella has never purchased a copy since then believe it or notlol
Yes Albert had a gambling addiction, which got him into a bit of trouble involving a court case. He wasn't a bad goalie
though, saw him make his debut for Everton in a 5-2 win at Otd Trafford against Man. unt. In 1955or 1956.

In Tony Kay's case when the reporter from The People interviewed him all he had to do was plead ignorance, he was very
naive, cost him his career as well as his reputation. It was Everton's loss , cost them a lot of money and we were the
innocent party.

Yes Albert had a gambling addiction, which got him into a bit of trouble involving a court case. He wasn't a bad goalie
though, saw him make his debut for Everton in a 5-2 win at Otd Trafford against Man. unt. In 1955or 1956.

In Tony Kay's case when the reporter from The People interviewed him all he had to do was plead ignorance, he was very
naive, cost him his career as well as his reputation. It was Everton's loss , cost them a lot of money and we were the
innocent party.
Cheers Dave,I got Cattericks book and after reading about those two episodes it was no wonder he had a hatred of the media:)

ShanklyGoodisonx400.jpg

13th January 1978 - Everton were my greatest rivals to a degree that bordered of enmity. Yet at the first match I went to Goodison Park after I had finished with Liverpool I got a tremendous reception. That was a tremendous feeling of elation - that here were my deadliest enemies. when battle was over saying hello. Since that day I have been able to get tickets from Everton and have enjoyed the hospitality of the club as I have at all other football grounds.

Shankly went to Everton - Derby County on 17th August 1974.

"The visitor in the director's box at Goodison Park needed no introduction. Bill Shankly spent his first Saturday afternoon in retirement watching his local home match.
"Hey rock and roll, Shankly's on the dole" was the shout, Showaddy waddy's hit song at the time. Very funny and instant laughter all around.
My dad was fuming!!! Only Everton would be so soft as to let him on the premises was his attitude!!!! Kind of mine too although it is always funny to wind up the RS by saying he died a blue!!!

Remember floodlights failing before kick off then as they came on 2 lads 1 from Everton and 1 from Bolton squaring up in centre circle but nothing came of it we'll funny !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back