Old Everton Pictures

Remember those black and white traffic light poles?

image.webp

Yes loads of midweek afternoon games, especially before Floodlights. I remember jibbing school loads of times to
watch Everton and Liverpool with my mates, one of the games was against Fulham when we were in the 2nd.
division, I think it was Everton's lowest ever league gate, just over11,000 at the game. Another game I watched was
when Billy Liddell scored in the last seconds against Man. City in a replayed cup game, unfortunately for Liverpool
the ref. had blown for time as the ball was in mid flight. Thousands stayed behind waiting for extra time, including me.

The crowd went berserk when the penny finally dropped, I had to disguise my grin as I walked out of Anfield with my
red mates. HAPPY HAPPY , HAPPY DAYS.

There is Picture of this with Liddell in the foreground giving it the wellie and in the background the Reff with arm in air whistle in gob ( all over Lads )

ShanklyGoodisonx400.jpg

13th January 1978 - Everton were my greatest rivals to a degree that bordered of enmity. Yet at the first match I went to Goodison Park after I had finished with Liverpool I got a tremendous reception. That was a tremendous feeling of elation - that here were my deadliest enemies. when battle was over saying hello. Since that day I have been able to get tickets from Everton and have enjoyed the hospitality of the club as I have at all other football grounds.

Shankly went to Everton - Derby County on 17th August 1974.

"The visitor in the director's box at Goodison Park needed no introduction. Bill Shankly spent his first Saturday afternoon in retirement watching his local home match.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back