Old Everton Pictures

image-27-for-archive-pictures-of-goodison-park-home-of-everton-fc-gallery-726084963.jpg
[/
A night for the ages that one.....one of the best nights of my life !!!

Was that the game when Ian Marshall literally caught the ball in our own penalty area, and everyone was so shocked they didn't give a penalty ? We went up the other end and scored.....
Was that the game?,yep Marshall rose like a salmon on the penalty spot at the Street End and pretty much had both hands on the ball above their players head,Oxford went mad as nothing was given and as you say we broke went down the other end and was it Brace?scored to make it 2-0,all this happened in the last minute I thinklol

Boltons old one
Cup semi v man Utd 66 I think

Yes it was. A dour game. Terrible ground as well. Didn't even announce other scores at the end of the game. We only first found out who we would be playing in the final by buying a first edition of the local football paper outside the ground after the game. Bit of a surprise to see it was Sheff Wed, as Chelsea were expected to turn them over in the other semi. The media pre-game were enthusing over a Man U-Chelsea final. Ha ha...! :)

Is that against Bolton, and the goalkeeper Eddie Hopkinson...?
No info I'm afraid. Some of the photographs I post are from the Twitter account below. I've mentioned it before but it's only fair to do so once again. It's a cracking site which also has great historical photos detailing people, events and places throughout Merseyside.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back