Old Everton Pictures

Andy King, and Big sam making a right tallon of himself -
C1Am4EcW8AEqJpe.jpg

Billy Butler on the PA,every time we scored,"Lads,will you gerroff the pitch"(it was you allez mate wasn't it?;)lol)

Billy Butler and his sense of humour as Radio Merseyside DJ.

'THE emergency services were in a panic, the Radio Merseyside switchboard was jammed, and thousands of people were jumping in their cars and heading to Anfield.

Meanwhile, a relaxed Billy Butler was sitting in his Radio Merseyside studio and chuckling to himself, happy in the knowledge that he was responsible for the mayhem.

Because, just minutes before, the lifelong Evertonian DJ had announced live on air that 15 machines were fighting a massive blaze involving the stadium stands.

The station received complaints from Anfield and Merseyside Fire Brigade, and Billy was rapped over the knuckles. Once again a Billy Butler joke had backfired.'

Had to laugh

'THE emergency services were in a panic, the Radio Merseyside switchboard was jammed, and thousands of people were jumping in their cars and heading to Anfield.

Meanwhile, a relaxed Billy Butler was sitting in his Radio Merseyside studio and chuckling to himself, happy in the knowledge that he was responsible for the mayhem.

Because, just minutes before, the lifelong Evertonian DJ had announced live on air that 15 machines were fighting a massive blaze involving the stadium stands.

The station received complaints from Anfield and Merseyside Fire Brigade, and Billy was rapped over the knuckles. Once again a Billy Butler joke had backfired.'

Had to laugh
Always remember him telling the Altrincham fans at the mid 1970's cup game their tandem would be waiting for them after the gamelol

Always remember him telling the Altrincham fans at the mid 1970's cup game their tandem would be waiting for them after the gamelol

There was a game against the RS at goodison and the RS were in with a shout for the league, well at HT he announced that the RS rivals were 4-0 down at HT and a big roar from the Kopites until you could hear Billy Butler sniggering away over the tannoy IIRC

Had to laugh
Remember that lol

My favourite away end Wolves south bank Kop - the blues fans in there were at their noisiest!
Cv7RhgsXgAAfXjG.jpg
I remember walking into the ground at street level then stood in awe at the back of the terrace not realising the pitch itself was sunken. What I also didn't realise was a group of Wolves fans approach from my left resulting in my first broken nose and fat lips.

I remember walking into the ground at street level then stood in awe at the back of the terrace not realising the pitch itself was sunken. What I also didn't realise was a group of Wolves fans approach from my left resulting in my first broken nose and fat lips.
we got out quick there as we always seemd to do well the fans at the opposite end looked a nasty bunch!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back