Old Everton Pictures

amokachi.jpg

Who's the Lid running on in the background ?

You know those pics where someone is pointed out as being a possible time traveller ? well look at this lid compared to the others
1's in a suit, 1 in (not sure) and this lid is in jeans, converse and a jumper that looks like he's the Indiest kid on the block. That there could be 1 of our Sons after he's invented time travel in his bedroom & picked a page from an Everton Encyclopedia.
Looks a bit like Jags tbh

C86yRCNXkAEoNR_.jpg

I was surprised to see it describing itself as 'The Original Toffee Shop' in as early as 1894.

I've been doing a bit of research and there seems to have been a few toffee shops with Everton connections.

I've been googling for a while and have hardly touched the surface. There's so much Everton history on these
sites, so thanks for getting me started, Groucho.

...not a picture but was talking to my son last night about an England v Portugal U21 game I took him to at Goodison when he was a youngster in 2003. I'm sure some of you went.

We recalled Ronaldo played for Portugal and Jeffers for England but he then got the teams up on his phone. I'd said Peter Clarke was CB but I didn't know 2 future Everton players started that game, Jagielka and Barry.

Who's the Lid running on in the background ?

You know those pics where someone is pointed out as being a possible time traveller ? well look at this lid compared to the others
1's in a suit, 1 in (not sure) and this lid is in jeans, converse and a jumper that looks like he's the Indiest kid on the block. That there could be 1 of our Sons after he's invented time travel in his bedroom & picked a page from an Everton Encyclopedia.
Looks a bit like Jags tbh

C86yRCNXkAEoNR_.jpg

I like a good Conspiracy Theory, but they did have 'converse' back in the day...they just weren't call by that name, we called them 'baseball boots'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back