Old Everton Pictures

he first Derby with that lot coming up - Rowdy yeats shakes Royson Vernon's hand at goodison 1-1 draw -

The old football shirts were great. Only one plain colour, big v-neck, and a big club emblem. Years ago I bought the '66 FA Cup EFC shirt and somehow lost it but I don't think it had a large emblem on it.

Interesting that the Vision said in his interview that he fell out with Yeats because of his (Yeats) behaviour.

I was still displaced into the Park End when this was taken. My new ticket was about 10 rows behind the pillar you can see there. My first reaction was to like being lower so closer to the pitch but the pillar took out a lot of action in the St End half of the pitch.....grrr from the word go from me and especially my late dad. Utd's new stand being built just 3/4 years earlier had no obstructions. The did not have escalators though!!! The look on some away fans' faces at them!!!

was the new stand expensive mate, like the "go to" stand for those who had a bit more money for a comfortable seat or was Goodison pretty much standard prices all around the ground?

I was still displaced into the Park End when this was taken. My new ticket was about 10 rows behind the pillar you can see there. My first reaction was to like being lower so closer to the pitch but the pillar took out a lot of action in the St End half of the pitch.....grrr from the word go from me and especially my late dad. Utd's new stand being built just 3/4 years earlier had no obstructions. The did not have escalators though!!! The look on some away fans' faces at them!!!
My old man had his ticket in the old stand,and he was displaced too mate to the park end while the new stand was being built,i can't recall him mentioning a fella roaring on the blues brothers in French though allez ;)lol

The old football shirts were great. Only one plain colour, big v-neck, and a big club emblem. Years ago I bought the '66 FA Cup EFC shirt and somehow lost it but I don't think it had a large emblem on it.

Interesting that the Vision said in his interview that he fell out with Yeats because of his (Yeats) behaviour.
Rowdy Yeats was a pure stopper - kicked anything that moved - He warned Joe Royle in the 1969/70 run in at anfield he would not win one header - joe nodded our 2nd after about 20 minutes of play we played them off the park at anfield and went on to win the league;)

umrnd6.jpg

Bryan Hamilton for Everton v Arsenal 1976 in a goalless draw.

was the new stand expensive mate, like the "go to" stand for those who had a bit more money for a comfortable seat or was Goodison pretty much standard prices all around the ground?
I agree you only sat down in a all ticket game if that was the only ticket you could get, most fans of youth middle age chose the standing on the terrace, you could pick your spec - or move more freely nothing worse than having to stand up to let fans through to the seat or when the ball came near the goal mouth everyone stood up!
The standing was the best option - so many advantages to having a seat!

Rowdy Yeats was a pure stopper - kicked anything that moved - He warned Joe Royle in the 1969/70 run in at anfield he would not win one header - joe nodded our 2nd after about 20 minutes of play we played them off the park at anfield and went on to win the league;)

Joe was talking about that game on the Everton programme before the Derby. He had a grin like a Cheshire Cat talking about putting one over them at their crap hole ;)

Joe was talking about that game on the Everton programme before the Derby. He had a grin like a Cheshire Cat talking about putting one over them at their crap hole ;)
That game stayed in my mind as a youth for ever the atmosphere the amount of blues in the Kop the anfield road end just continually chanting Champions Champions non stop the whole of the 2nd half they hardly got a kick - don't forget they had an outside chance of overtaking us, tbf a couple of kopites by me in the Kop before the end stated my that midfield is making us a cracking team!
grumbling looks like thats won you it now;)

@macavennie
iPad playing up abroad so can't quote your post. Iirc the new stand was a little dearer than the Bullens. Would have to check old programmes to be certain. My dad went off the Bullens after years in there in the 1950s so much preferred the Goodison Road side. He would not have paid loads more though. He was just frustrated at them mucking up the views for so many in what was meant to be an iconic stand. It was in many ways but those pillars where a shame from the word go.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back