Old Everton Pictures

b88cfcff76975ba39385d45120b39bbf.jpg
One of the most frustrating days EVER!!!!! For God's sake Everton how badly do you choke sometimes!!!!!! He had married into a family of RS too. They loved it grrrr.

One of the most frustrating days EVER!!!!! For God's sake Everton how badly do you choke sometimes!!!!!! He had married into a family of RS too. They loved it grrrr.
Choking is what we do. Look at how few FA Cup finals we've played in compared to the number of semis we've made.

Choking is what we do. Look at how few FA Cup finals we've played in compared to the number of semis we've made.
Can't disagree with that, we have a long record of shooting ourselves in foot. However hope springs eternal .....
Back on topic, these photos continue to be boss and bring back some amazing memories of following the Blues.

Seem to remember losing or having a few close calls quite a few times in the fa cup in the early 70's. I've tried to wipe most of them but occasionally still get the flash backs, besides Fulham, millwall, Walsall and Altrincham all spring to mind!
I'm off to find some of my old memorabilia and post some photos on here later. COYB

Last edited:
....amazing how much McMahon's physique changed after he joined the reds. Similarly, look at John Barnes in '84 and then a few years later also after signing for the reds. mmmmmmmmm, interesting.
Could never understand him,EFC ball boy as a kid,loved the club,then held us to ransom,we got the better of the deal as he went to Villa and we bought Tricky Trev with the money,he then signed for the RS and always ever since gives the impression he positively hates us ,I wonder why?All together,"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside";)lol

Last edited:

Could never understand him,EFC ball boy as a kid,loved the club,then held us to ransom,we got the better of the deal as he went to Villa and we bought Tricky Trev with the money,he then signed for the RS and always ever since gives the impression he positively hates us ,I wonder why?Al together,"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside";)lol

.......remember him rubbing his thumb and first finger at Gwladys St as if to say Everton wouldn't meet his pay demand. He was terrific when he came into the team but clearly became bitter with the club and fans. He apparently detested the reds so it was a real turnaround. What a bit of business Trevor Steven was.

.......remember him rubbing his thumb and first finger at Gwladys St as if to say Everton wouldn't meet his pay demand. He was terrific when he came into the team but clearly became bitter with the club and fans. He apparently detested the reds so it was a real turnaround. What a bit of business Trevor Steven was.
Yet another "boyhood blue" who let us down I'm afraid Eggs.:(

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back