Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

My first ever away game, thats me looking over Labbys shoulder..as if. Everton team coach about to go to Sunderland 14th February 1964. sadly we lost 3-1
v0_medium.jpg

Great pictures, shocking performance from the lads though.Think that Sunderland team got promoted remember seeing a league Cup tie at Goodison night game I think, that Charlie Hurley was playing.Again might b wrong but I'm sure we went 2 up and lot 3-2 possibly 65-67.Think Alex Young scored early.Joey?

Last edited:
Great pictures, shocking performance from the lads though.Think that Sunderland team got promoted remember seeing a league Cup tie at Goodison night game I think, that Charlie Hurley was playing.Again might b wrong but I'm sure we went 2 up and lot 3-2 possibly 65-67.Think Alex Young scored early.Joey?

great to see that again (apart from the result).me and a couple of mates from school went on the home james coach from Wavertree,took bloody forever to get there (no m62 in those days),remember roker park right next to the beach,freezin cold,they had covered the pitch with straw to protect it from the frost.match was a big disappointment.on the way back the coch stopped in Yorkshire,think it was ripon,anyway everyone piled off the coach into the pub,except us,last guy off says come on lads,nah were only 15,dont worry about that he says,so feb 1964 was the first time id ever been in a pub,age 15.,took me another year to go in a pub in Liverpool,rigbys in dale street.wierd really,cant remember what I did last week,but remember things from over 50 years ago.

Don't mention it first half the Bally Young duo they never got a kick - Bally to my knowledge missed his first pen to make it 3-0 at halftime missed the goal completely the GV scored two the Gladwys street adorned him songs galore mesmerising how he and Bally linked up the GV wore the no 7 shirt - 2nd half Young the GV faded and we lost 3-2 unbleivable game of two halves - blistering football followed by a nightmare hard to take as a kid !

Don't mention it first half the Bally Young duo they never got a kick - Bally to my knowledge missed his first pen to make it 3-0 at halftime missed the goal completely the GV scored two the Gladwys street adorned him songs galore mesmerising how he and Bally linked up the GV wore the no 7 shirt - 2nd half Young the GV faded and we lost 3-2 unbleivable game of two halves - blistering football followed by a nightmare hard to take as a kid !
Yes Joey looked like it might be a cricket score at one time.The Cat never seemed to take that League Cup seriously.A cup which has continued to frustrate us even 50 years later!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back