Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

8e14222149ab31fd64d93630c283bd60.jpg

Why don't you place a watermark across your photos problem solved if you have the original that's were the money is - my son does it for me on two rare ones I posted so get a IT man to advise you, how to do it - problem solved a copy right message will not stop people copying and pasting - if you put your logo across the middle of the picture it's also advertising your pictures too;)
Also may fetch extra custom etc!
Already on it mate (I am an IT man in the day job, by the way :-) )

We are 814 pages into old photos of the blues, and this question is raised as I stated before I have put pictures on here, and they go on the internet everywhere - not just on the GOT - in fact other GOT posters see them miss them on here , and repost them on here lol
does it bother me after taking an age to upload them -NO - its for the joy of the GOT community -
as I stated the copyright law usually big firms like almany paste a logo over the picture so you can view them,but they have the copyrights as for the law I would imagine it's a minefield - I seen a guy on a car boot selling gloss paper photos for a £1 of all teams - I got talking to him he was prepared to pay me £30 for the rare Photos I had turned him down, as he would have had to take the originals away - thats where the money is on the originals not on a copy - newspapers place sport pictures everyday if you a diligent to save them, and collect them its your collection imo!
My son put two logos on rare photos on here of mine so thats your answer.
legally after 844 pages it has to be ok?

It certainly is a minefield. Professionally I'm involved in web publishing and although the rules are fairly clear they're not widely recognised or followed. On a course a few years back about intellectual property the tutor stressed that virtually every image is owned by someone and, unless their IPRs have expired you have to abide by them by law. The owner may be absolutely fine with people copying, which is great, or they could be a pain (like me!). I had sight of one episode recently where a small firm was fined a 4-figure sum by Getty for using one of their images on its web site. They had to pay AND take the image down. Getty were into that for a while after they took over some other stock libraries like istockphoto, but they don't seem to be doing it now. Instead, you can legally use a lot of Getty images by code embedding them rather than just saving and posting them. That way they link back to Getty's site and the owner then benefits from more traffic as you say Joey.

Jokerdan said: "Just as a matter of interest and copyright law - and I am posing this as a serious question - but to who does the copyright belong? You as the 'collector' of such obscure and ancient photographs/images or the original photographer/publisher? If the latter, how can you claim 'ownership' or does this die with the originating source either in the literal sense or over time thereby entitling whoever to adopt the 'copyright'? As I said, I am not wishing to be controversial or anything just inquisitive as I like to know and understand these things."

Dan, that's a very valid question. In my own case, with the newspaper cuttings I published the copyright in the photos and text is most definitely still the property of the newspaper, but I reproduce them under a variation of copyright called fair use, which is where you're doing so for a specific constructive purpose, e.g. critiquing the item. Part of the purpose of the site is to show how games were reported, e.g. highlighting when the Express reported on us thrashing Man Utd 3:0 in 1978-79, gushing about how great we were, whereas in reality the performance was poor and I wonder whether the reporter was actually there. I make sure to acknowledge clearly that the papers hold the copyright to the original material but that the scans are my own.

You're both very very right that the photos on this board are brilliant and really important. I love this thread and am grateful to all those who take time to post them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back