Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

XcGBbu.jpg

...thought it was a nice comment from Souness last week when he said Ball was one of two players he couldn’t get near on a football pitch. For those that never saw Souness, he was a top midfielder so it was praise indeed given Ball must have been at the end of his career when they met.

...thought it was a nice comment from Souness last week when he said Ball was one of two players he couldn’t get near on a football pitch. For those that never saw Souness, he was a top midfielder so it was praise indeed given Ball must have been at the end of his career when they met.
Of course I didnt like Souness with the RS though he was as you say a top player...tough, hard tackling but very skilful. Off the pitch hes never just stuck to the script and is his own man. His praise of Bally is honest and true - pro to pro...and considering he only played against him after hed been sold from us, shows too what we missed. So glad I saw Bally in his pomp with us in royal blue...my idol.

Of course I didnt like Souness with the RS though he was as you say a top player...tough, hard tackling but very skilful. Off the pitch hes never just stuck to the script and is his own man. His praise of Bally is honest and true - pro to pro...and considering he only played against him after hed been sold from us, shows too what we missed. So glad I saw Bally in his pomp with us in royal blue...my idol.

..and mine Jacob, I loved the fella. Truly a ‘where was you’ moment when you heard of his passing. As distinctly as I recall my long gone Mum coming into my room one morning with the full back page of the Daily Mirror proclaiming ‘Ball Sold’, I was driving to a meeting in Leeds and was close to the Brighouse turn off when it came on the radio that the little fella had died.

..and mine Jacob, I loved the fella. Truly a ‘where was you’ moment when you heard of his passing. As distinctly as I recall my long gone Mum coming into my room one morning with the full back page of the Daily Mirror proclaiming ‘Ball Sold’, I was driving to a meeting in Leeds and was close to the Brighouse turn off when it came on the radio that the little fella had died.
Your right Eggs. My non-football fan brother shouted up that December morning that hed been sold when I was coming downstairs just having broke up secondary school for Xmas. I didnt believe him and told him so...the 2nd word was "off" I think. Then my Ma said its true...and I wouldnt come down the stairs, just sat on them because the tears were tripping me. Years later, when he left us permanently, I cried again.

I remember sky cutting to an advert while his death was being respected, think it was vs man utd

...remember being at that game, cold and snowy I think. Jimmy Gabriel playing for Southampton.
Didn't go to that one but everybody thought we were back firing on all cylinders went to the next home game bigger crowd 0-0 if I remember.That following period saw the end of the great late 60"s era,and after Bally's departure we slipped right down the league.

Also on a motorway on the way to work. Changed my assembly theme that morning to talk about him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back