Old Everton Pictures

1623249661829.png

Everton 2 Arsenal 2 in Aug 1970 at Goodison Park. Alan Ball and Peter Storey in action - we were coasting the game 2-0 up at half time then the effects of Mexico kicked in we looked a tired side -

View attachment 129984
First game of the season we were champions they went on to win the double the start of a very bleak period for us.
Mind you I would swop the 70s for any decade since apart from the 80s.

Don't really know why I took against this bloke except that I was a big, big fan of Husband. TBH he struck me as a bit of a headless chicken on occasions - even though he scored vital goals (but who is to say Jimmy wouldn't have scored the same number). I'll admit I was glad when he shifted out to Palace.

Maybe it was impatience and unforgiving nature of youth!

Youve just signed a cracking winger from us for nowt Josh Bowler - grr
Chief rat Ancelotti deserting has got the ship rocking!

Don't know this player or the other ex blue Laverty who signed for us today. But it's really going ding ding at BR right now. It's the Neil Critchley factor kicking in.

His contacts are far and wide particularly with the younger up and coming players. Got a top young goalie from Man City today too. Fully expect Simmsy back in Tangerine soon too. Others as well.

The future is bright the future is Tangerine ;)

Chief rat Ancelotti deserting has got the ship rocking!

Don't know this player or the other ex blue Laverty who signed for us today. But it's really going ding ding at BR right now. It's the Neil Critchley factor kicking in.

His contacts are far and wide particularly with the younger up and coming players. Got a top young goalie from Man City today too. Fully expect Simmsy back in Tangerine soon too. Others as well.

The future is bright the future is Tangerine ;)
I eat them at Christmas.......