Old Photos Of Where You Live

Do you remember the way you paid for items, the assistant would but your money into a metal container which they would then put into a metal tube which would be sucked through the tube to hold knows where and your change returned the same way.

Yes the Army & Navy stores were the same too your change & recipt came back up the tube :D
My mum worked in the cash office in T.J Hughes, it was her job to open the cylinders put the change in and send the cylinder back to the shop floor.

ROBY CROSS

This is believed to be the Village Cross of Roby

It originally stood at the junction of Carr Lane and Roby Road and was moved to its present position in 1979
In medieval times, a market and fair were held in the vicinity of the cross, which may also have been a Boundary Stone.
1702470523585.webp

ROBY CROSS

This is believed to be the Village Cross of Roby

It originally stood at the junction of Carr Lane and Roby Road and was moved to its present position in 1979
In medieval times, a market and fair were held in the vicinity of the cross, which may also have been a Boundary Stone.
View attachment 238379

…...haven’t noticed it the last few times I’ve driven past but I’m sure it’s still there.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back