Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really am trying hard, apart from the obvious latent homosexuality flowing freely throughout this place, to understand all the love for this Arsenal bench warmer that has hardly been a world beater throughout his career.
We just sold one of the best strikers around. Is this our ambition as a replacement?

One of the "best strikers around" left us because he wanted to play CL games...as most of the "best players around" tend to want. We can not offer CL at this time and need at least a season to show we can even challenge for a chance at CL given our more recent league finishes.

How do you suppose we get another "best striker around" to join our team when we can't offer what they want?

As for me, I am approaching this year with my feet firmly on the ground, but head in the clouds.

One of the "best strikers around" left us because he wanted to play CL games...as most of the "best players around" tend to want. We can not offer CL at this time and need at least a season to show we can even challenge for a chance at CL given our more recent league finishes.

How do you suppose we get another "best striker around" to join our team when we can't offer what they want?

As for me, I am approaching this year with my feet firmly on the ground, but head in the clouds.
Why did we sell then?
Assuming he/they are going to do what they say below, I would have done the same. We bent over for Manchester United yet again for a Giroud?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...r/news-story/11b2d31187779b1a5575cab5686f8f5c

Arsenal transfer news: Alexis Sanchez won’t be sold - Arsene Wenger | FOX SPORTS
James Dale, Sky Sports UKFOX SPORTS
July 19, 2017 10:42am

Arsenal transfer news: Alexis Sanchez won’t be sold - Arsene Wenger

1c89ac100238e59520633b2ee9c18cea

Arsene Wenger and Alexis Sanchez.
ALEXIS Sanchez can lead Arsenal back into the Champions League and will not be sold by the club, says Arsene Wenger.

Sanchez told Chilean media he wants to play in Europe’s top competition, which the Gunners failed to qualify for after their fifth-placed Premier League finish, and that a decision over his future rests with Arsenal.

Wenger remains adamant Sanchez will not be leaving the Emirates this summer, though, revealing the club’s stance is already clear.

“The decision has been made and we will stick to that,” Wenger said of Sanchez, who is still a target for Manchester City according to Sky sources.

“The decision is not to sell.”

Why did we sell then?
Assuming he/they are going to do what they say below, I would have done the same. We bent over for Manchester United yet again for a Giroud?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...r/news-story/11b2d31187779b1a5575cab5686f8f5c

Arsenal transfer news: Alexis Sanchez won’t be sold - Arsene Wenger | FOX SPORTS

ALEXIS Sanchez can lead Arsenal back into the Champions League and will not be sold by the club, says Arsene Wenger.

Sanchez told Chilean media he wants to play in Europe’s top competition, which the Gunners failed to qualify for after their fifth-placed Premier League finish, and that a decision over his future rests with Arsenal.

Wenger remains adamant Sanchez will not be leaving the Emirates this summer, though, revealing the club’s stance is already clear.

“The decision has been made and we will stick to that,” Wenger said of Sanchez, who is still a target for Manchester City according to Sky sources.

Giroud is better than Lukaku, and not a muppet...tbh we'd be very lucky to get him

Why did we sell then?

Because he bitched and moaned about wanting to leave at all opportunities and wasn't going to choose to stay with us by signing a new contract. Best to get some money and reinvest it to make the team better overall.
It would have been great to keep him, but he was constantly a stroppy pain in the ass.

So anyway, Giroud. Yes please ;)

Last edited:

I really am trying hard, apart from the obvious latent homosexuality flowing freely throughout this place, to understand all the love for this Arsenal bench warmer that has hardly been a world beater throughout his career.
We just sold one of the best strikers around. Is this our ambition as a replacement?
Giroud might not be a better goalscorer than Rom, but his allround game is superior. If he comes, Ill be okay with us selling Rom. If we're left with just an unproven Sandro and an old, slow Rooney on the other hand, we might be f'ed.

Why did we sell then?

Arsenal are a little different to Everton.

Why did we sell then?

We did this last summer. If Arsenal aren't in the CL in 2018/19 then there is no way they'll keep Sanchez next summer.

We did this last summer. If Arsenal aren't in the CL in 2018/19 then there is no way they'll keep Sanchez next summer.
Sanchez is going into his last season of his contract mate. They'll lose him for nothing but are still prepared to take that hit to keep their best player, if Arsene is telling the truth.
Everton?
Anyways, Giroud then. Let's see if he decides to leave the Arsenal bench for greener pastures.

Sanchez is going into his last season of his contract mate. They'll lose him for nothing but are still prepared to take that hit to keep their best player, if Arsene is telling the truth.
Everton?
Anyways, Giroud then. Let's see if he decides to leave the Arsenal bench for greener pastures.

If that decision gets us Giroud for 20mil lets say 30mil then happy days...it will mean we got Rooney and Giroud and 60mil for Lukaku... he scored a lot but even if he was standing on the roof he'd be pointing at his feet if someone else scored...selfish player well shot of him...Sanchez is not a selfish player...loads of assists as well as goals and works his socks off for the team, apples and oranges there mate

Why did we sell then?

This is a thread about Giroud, why have you posted an article about Sanchez??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back