Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always hate it when Giroud plays against us. Especually coming on with ten mins to go. Always seemed to grab goal or change the game.

He works best coming on in last 20 mins of games when everyone else has tired legs, then his slow pace is less of an issue. Not the sort of striker who can play full games imo.

Hes an effective rather than absolute quality player, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Its all about building a team. If koeman thinks our team will benefit, for having a genuine target man, who has a great touch and brings others into play at the expense of an out and out goalscorer (in not just relating to Rom here, but more his replacement) than that's fine by me.

He works best coming on in last 20 mins of games when everyone else has tired legs, then his slow pace is less of an issue. Not the sort of striker who can play full games imo.

Scored 16 all comps this year, 2 in the CL - both from starts against Ludogrets and PSG, 2 in the FA Cup - both again from starts, 12 in the League - 6 of them from his 11 starts 6 from his 18 sub appearances.

Played 40 games last season, 16 starts - 10 goals so 1 goal every 1.6 games he started in, 24 sub appearances - 6 goals so 1 goal every 4 sub appearances

So basically the stats show your wrong

Its all about building a team. If koeman thinks our team will benefit, for having a genuine target man, who has a great touch and brings others into play at the expense of an out and out goalscorer (in not just relating to Rom here, but more his replacement) than that's fine by me.

Thing is mate, his scoring rate compared to Lukaku in both goals per 90 and goals and over the past 5 seasons compares - even if you include Internationals - Lukaku 23 in 59, Giroud 27 in 64. Giroud 3 in the Euros, Lukaku 2, world cup 1 each.

The guy is actually a natural goalscorer who is plain and simply underused by Arsenal and has a team not suited to his play style either

Scored 16 all comps this year, 2 in the CL - both from starts against Ludogrets and PSG, 2 in the FA Cup - both again from starts, 12 in the League - 6 of them from his 11 starts 6 from his 18 sub appearances.

Played 40 games last season, 16 starts - 10 goals so 1 goal every 1.6 games he started in, 24 sub appearances - 6 goals so 1 goal every 4 sub appearances

So basically the stats show your wrong

Interesting thx. Of those 16 starts, how many games did he play the full 90 mins.? Would be interesting to see. If full games then fair enough.

I reckon this will be the only one we don't get over the line and it will be nothing to do with us

I don't think Wenger will want to sell to us as we've done some serious shopping this summer

What's really impressed me so far is at th end of the season there seemed to be a list everyone was aware of who we wanted which was

Pickford
Keane
Klaassen
Gylfi
Ramirez

We've got 4 of the 5 through the door minimal fuss plus added Rooney and Henry albeit on loan.

No doubt we will get Gylfi sorted if that's who we want and we agree a price with Swansea. Giroud I just reckon would be a little bit more difficult imo

True that, some twitters stats, followers

@RonaldKoeman 1.09m
@everton 1.18m
@ManUtd 11.8m
@WayneRooney 14.9m
@RomeluLukaku9 885k haha

Facebook
Wayne Rooney
Athlete · 25,548,132 like this

Everton Football Club
Sport team 2,932,745 like this.

how can he have more followers than united? ha doesn't even make sense.

Interesting thx. Of those 16 starts, how many games did he play the full 90 mins.? Would be interesting to see. If full games then fair enough.

7 of them, 3 he was taken off in when they had won the game with 5 mins left, another 2 with 25 or so left in games they where already 3 or 4 nil up in.

I reckon this will be the only one we don't get over the line and it will be nothing to do with us

I don't think Wenger will want to sell to us as we've done some serious shopping this summer

What's really impressed me so far is at th end of the season there seemed to be a list everyone was aware of who we wanted which was

Pickford
Keane
Klaassen
Gylfi
Ramirez

We've got 4 of the 5 through the door minimal fuss plus added Rooney and Henry albeit on loan.

No doubt we will get Gylfi sorted if that's who we want and we agree a price with Swansea. Giroud I just reckon would be a little bit more difficult imo

If Cross is reporting they are willing to sell mate then chances are they are willing to sell, he's basically a mouthpiece for their owners (absolutely woeful journo but does print what he's told to by them)

7 of them, 3 he was taken off in when they had won the game with 5 mins left, another 2 with 25 or so left in games they where already 3 or 4 nil up in.

Thx, stand corrected. Although I think he is too slow, I also think he is probably amoung the best strikers we can hope to attract to everton at this time so overall an ok signing and wait and see attitude.

An I say hi back still think giroud would be a great signing
I agtee 100%. I was referring to the young player with pace and an eye for goal he can link up with.

Wouldnt say no to Dembele aswell like. Just think some people seem to have forgotten about Sandro cos we only paid 5 mill for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back