Confirmed Signing Orel Mangala

Seen this on the Forest Reddit forums too.

Here’s to him becoming a key player for us. I certainly see a need for a midfielder of his age profile ; gana and doucoure are over 30 and Tim / Garner are still pretty young
Same i kno people well hate dyche for prem experience but think this late in the window will hopefully help because of him missing pre season here and a short time to adapt at the club. Having played in the league before can get up to speed faster

….key player last season, we have options this season but I expect he’ll still be an important member of the squad.
Yeah, I know Dyche likes to play him but with Ndiaye showing up/another midfielder in, I feel hes at the point he considers selling to get in a fullback/winger.

I think he likes McNeil more, and he cant play Ndiaye, McNeil AND Doucoure.

I mean I THINK he cant...

40 mill euros seems high but probably offset by whoever we are selling next summer. At the rate Iroegbunam is going as well he’ll soon be worth more than double what we paid for him too.

Garner Iroegbunam Mangala Gueye - it’s not the worst set of central midfielders we’ve had recently.
Give it time and they'll either be Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets or Rod, Jane and Freddy !

40 mill euros seems high but probably offset by whoever we are selling next summer. At the rate Iroegbunam is going as well he’ll soon be worth more than double what we paid for him too.

Garner Iroegbunam Mangala Gueye - it’s not the worst set of central midfielders we’ve had recently.
That’s a good group with a good balance of different types. Just unfortunate we will simply bypass them all while launching 60yard hoof balls to Jack Harrison and Dwight McNeil.

40 million euro, no way are we paying that mate.

Never happening!

I'd say its extremely likely

You can say anything you like mate, wouldn’t be putting any money on Everton putting
40 mill bills on the table.

FFS, we needed 20 mill a month, 3 months ago, to keep the lights on.

We’ve interest payments of 5 mill a month at the moment.

While last posted accounts we lost 90 mill.

Say Kev had to stop himself bursting out laughing agreeing to that.

The 40 millions euro is supposedly an obligation to buy...not sure how could we pay that really for a player that's probably worth about half of that amount at best.

The 40 millions euro is supposedly an obligation to buy...not sure how could we pay that really for a player that's probably worth about half of that amount at best.
That's pretty high for such a player also considering Kev wasn't really spending high on a single player anymore.

I can't see a world where we would pay that. We probably let the option lapse and renegotiate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back