• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he’s following the Everton blueprint - buy em old, pay daft wages, bollox the club.

Yeah they’re literally doing what we did under Koeman, throw a load of money at players only there for the money. Digne Bailey Coutinho have no interest playing for Aston Villa and it sounds like he’s added three more in Sansom Kamara and Carlos who are only there for a pay day or to get a stepping stone to a top club. It won’t end well.

Yeah they’re literally doing what we did under Koeman, throw a load of money at players only there for the money. Digne Bailey Coutinho have no interest playing for Aston Villa and it sounds like he’s added three more in Sansom Kamara and Carlos who are only there for a pay day or to get a stepping stone to a top club. It won’t end well.
He might get some short term success, if they all bed in quick, but it feels very like Koemans Everton plan - short termism.

Thats fine, but a rebuild will be needed again in no more than 3 seasons. I dont see a top 6/7 side there, I really don't.
Potentially they do. Buying players in their prime. And if they bring in good youngsters too, they could actually challenge for the European places and do OK in the cups.

If course if they get a bit of success it will ALL down to stevie me

Villa have rich owners but they had no cohesive plan on recruitment, very scattergun approach, buying Danny Ings was a waste of money.

Kamara is a good pick up, surprised he joined Villa, he's been heavily linked with United all this season, Carlos is a upgrade on Mings.

Strengthening the spine of the team is a good start, they need a decent #9, Watkins doesn't score enough and Ings doesn't fit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back