• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
James is one of my all time favorite players and I still couldn't get over that it probably wasn't a smart thing to do.

And it wasn't a smart thing to do! He was really good but couldn't stay fit and then left and we had a massive hole in the team creatively the next year.

If you're going to undertake a process of steady improvement you have to commit at some point or you'll never get there. Look at Leicester and West Ham. They've made a few older signings to fill out the squad and on the cheap those are fine (Townsend, Delph for us, Dawson or Evans for them) but the vast majority of the money is on players who were purchased under the age of 25 or 26. And as those guys get older you have your experience taken care of. It isn't a coincidence that they're the strongest squads outside the Greedy Six.

Excuse me sir, I didn't talk about James Rodriguez, a man plagued by injury problems. Address my KDB sentence or forfeit.

Excuse me sir, I didn't talk about James Rodriguez, a man plagued by injury problems. Address my KDB sentence or forfeit.
I would not sign KdB for any fee that required an eighth digit.

That's what you do when you have all the pieces not as the first piece.

You wouldn't sign KDB for £10m pound lol

You really are wumming your life off this Summer - going to be a long few months.
Say what you want, I believe this club goes down if they don't adopt a sustainable recruitment policy and that means sticking to it. If you're going to start making exceptions you're going to end up in a similar place to this season again.

We're really at the inflection point. But which way are we going next is the question we have to decide on.

Say what you want, I believe this club goes down if they don't adopt a sustainable recruitment policy and that means sticking to it. If you're going to start making exceptions you're going to end up in a similar place to this season again.

We're really at the inflection point. But which way are we going next is the question we have to decide on.

I mean, this whole conversation has nothing to do with Everton, it was about Aston Villa's transfer strategy which you've written off as a failure before the ball is kicked.

The fact you wouldn't pay £10m for De Buyne because he's 30 is just embarrassing.

I mean, this whole conversation has nothing to do with Everton, it was about Aston Villa's transfer strategy which you've written off as a failure before the ball is kicked.

The fact you wouldn't pay £10m for De Buyne because he's 30 is just embarrassing.
Part of the fun in sports is trying to make predictions, at least for me it is. So yes I will watch and see what happens with Villa but before they kick a ball I think they're heading for trouble here.

Looking forward to seeing Perisic in the PL, good signing that by Spurs.
Here in Croatian national team he was/still is our our most consistent player for years now. Focus was always on our midfield, Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic, Brozovic etc... but its Perisic who is that "x factor", player who always deliver in tough moments, give him ball on the wing and you could always expect something of him.

He managed to collect nice bag of trophies, champion of Europe and Germany with Bayern, champion of Italy and Cup with Inter, gonna be interesting to see him now in Premier League, especially under Conte who already worked fine with him while in Inter.

Here in Croatian national team he was/still is our our most consistent player for years now. Focus was always on our midfield, Modric, Rakitic, Kovacic, Brozovic etc... but its Perisic who is that "x factor", player who always deliver in tough moments, give him ball on the wing and you could always expect something of him.

He managed to collect nice bag of trophies, champion of Europe and Germany with Bayern, champion of Italy and Cup with Inter, gonna be interesting to see him now in Premier League, especially under Conte who already worked fine with him while in Inter.

From the outside looking in, he's just always looked like a top professional, 8/10 week in week out, goals, assists, workrate.

I look forward to seeing if he can keep his level of intensity going through a season as the PL is a real slog.

Poland manager Czeslaw Michniewicz has tipped Liverpool to hijack Barcelona 's transfer swoop for Robert Lewandowski. The 33-year-old recently went public with his desire to leave Bayern Munich in the summer transfer window, declaring that 'his story is over' at the Allianz Arena. Now on international duty, Michniewicz has weighed in on his future and wants to see Lewandowski reunite with Jurgen Klopp, his former Borussia Dortmund manager, at Anfield. "I'd like to see Lewandowski in Liverpool since I'm a supporter of the club," the Poland boss told a news conference.

Im done with footy if he goes there ,thats it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back