• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge it at the end of the season.?

Of course mate.

If they work well for you, they're worth every penny like! But it doesnt look transformative to me. Normally if you're spending 250m ish (mainly all net) youd really expect to be breaking into the top 6. Maybe you can. What are fans thinking?

Of course mate.

If they work well for you, they're worth every penny like! But it doesnt look transformative to me. Normally if you're spending 250m ish (mainly all net) youd really expect to be breaking into the top 6. Maybe you can. What are fans thinking?
The club has been under new ownership for less than a year. It's baby steps, long term success, not flash in the pan.

Let's just see how this FFP pans out, you may find that the people behind the scenes have a fair idea how to push things beyond any conceivable limit. FFP will not become a problem to the club, not a chance. In 5 years time you'll probably be asking if it even exists.

Maybe they do. I have no idea.

I also have no idea if it exists. I'm of the view ethically it shouldnt (nor should STCC). Its unethical for me, if Newcastle want to spend hundreds of millions, my view is that it's your right. So genuinely hope you lot take it to court and throw it out.

But lots of powerful entities want to keep it mate. So as things stand, a cost of 250m+, with added wages on top is going to probably put you over the 110m losses isnt it?

Newcastle are a yoyo club, without big sponsorship, so are going to struggle to bring in the sponsorships. Maybe they'll get you a new ground to help bring in money.

The club has been under new ownership for less than a year. It's baby steps, long term success, not flash in the pan.

Yes. But 250m is a huge investment. Bruce had you 11/12th. With that sort of spend, I'd probably be wanting to see a fair bit improvement for the considerable spend.

A lot of your recruitment (average age was above 27 for incoming players at last check) was quite short termist. You seem to be copying our method, but as yet have got nowhere near where we got to with 61 points to be fair.

Newcastle are a yoyo club, without big sponsorship, so are going to struggle to bring in the sponsorships. Maybe they'll get you a new ground to help bring in money.
They have just bought themselves out of the long-term sponsorship deal with fun88 so this is the last season with them, they did that to obviously change sponsor next summer, a Saudi Airline or the like would be a good guess.

Yes. But 250m is a huge investment. Bruce had you 11/12th. With that sort of spend, I'd probably be wanting to see a fair bit improvement for the considerable spend.

A lot of your recruitment (average age was above 27 for incoming players at last check) was quite short termist. You seem to be copying our method, but as yet have got nowhere near where we got to with 61 points to be fair.
It's all good mate, I have 100 percent confidence in the owners. I trust them to make the correct calls. It's a good feeling.

They have just bought themselves out of the long-term sponsorship deal with fun88 so this is the last season with them, they did that to obviously change sponsor next summer, a Saudi Airline or the like would be a good guess.

You might do mate. Unfortunately they're not going to let you sponsor yourself at a huge rate, as they will view you as a yoyo club, so will hold sponsorships in line with that (rightly or wrongly).

It's all good mate, I have 100 percent confidence in the owners. I trust them to make the correct calls. It's a good feeling.

I can see that. I just wondered what sort of return you want to see. So far you've gone from 12th to 11th, with a huge sum of cash spent. It seems like you may be easily pleased.

Top half finish would be a success this season.

It's fair enough mate, but given the huge sums you've spent, on largely older players, going from 12th-9th would be a bit underwhelming, and you'll find you run into FFP trouble.

Anything less than top 6 would be poor IMO.

Had you have spent 250m under Bruce and Ashley, youd have been top 6 IMO.

It's fair enough mate, but given the huge sums you've spent, on largely older players, going from 12th-9th would be a bit underwhelming, and you'll find you run into FFP trouble.

Anything less than top 6 would be poor IMO.

Had you have spent 250m under Bruce and Ashley, youd have been top 6 IMO.
Well we'll see. I'm extremely pleased with the direction the club are heading, and as I said have 100 percent trust in the owners. You know the feeling.

Well we'll see. I'm extremely pleased with the direction the club are heading, and as I said have 100 percent trust in the owners. You know the feeling.

Yes to a point.

I think if your expectations are 10th, I can imagine Newcastle will secure that. It's a long way off the predictions of New City though, or winning the league in the next 4 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back