• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to a point.

I think if your expectations are 10th, I can imagine Newcastle will secure that. It's a long way off the predictions of New City though, or winning the league in the next 4 years!
It's not a race though, it's a long term project. Top half finish this season, top 7 the season after, challenging the top 6 the season after, then looking at breaking in to the top 4 places, and then...

It might come quicker, it may take longer, but it will come.

It's not a race though, it's a long term project. Top half finish this season, top 7 the season after, challenging the top 6 the season after, then looking at breaking in to the top 4 places, and then...

Well the time frames given, just seem way out to me. Kieron Dyer said youd be playing CL next season. Just nonsense.

It might come. It might not. Nothing is guaranteed, but when it does, it does tend to happen quite quickly. If you're not progressing quickly, you're more likely to repeat the sa e path as us, or Villa etc.

4 seasons to break into the top 6, having to spend 250m a year to do so, is going to mean you run into FFP difficulties long before you can get to that point. It's why you need to progress a bit quicker if you want to emulate City, and not follow the multitude of other teams that have had a go, and it not worked out.

Well the time frames given, just seem way out to me. Kieron Dyer said youd be playing CL next season. Just nonsense.

It might come. It might not. Nothing is guaranteed, but when it does, it does tend to happen quite quickly. If you're not progressing quickly, you're more likely to repeat the sa e path as us, or Villa etc.

4 seasons to break into the top 6, having to spend 250m a year to do so, is going to mean you run into FFP difficulties long before you can get to that point. It's why you need to progress a bit quicker if you want to emulate City, and not follow the multitude of other teams that have had a go, and it not worked out.
Hence the 'it might come quicker', we will now soon enough.

I hope your overlords are patient and take that view. Otherwise you'll see the same horror show we've endured over the last few seasons. Excitement can soon turn to angst. Like our fans, the Toon Army are an emotional and excitable lot and a crackpot board feeds that.

I hope your overlords are patient and take that view. Otherwise you'll see the same horror show we've endured over the last few seasons. Excitement can soon turn to angst. Like our fans, the Toon Army are an emotional and excitable lot and a crackpot board feeds that.
They're long-term patient investors, but hey, only time will tell. I'm going to enjoy the ride either way. :)

Farewell sweet prince Nico pepe! Wish him all the best in France, the country where he played his career best football, hope he comes back completely fired up or we can get a decent amount for him.

Wasn't his fault the price that was paid for him, they guy who did that deal was sacked 7-8 months after for dodgey happenings around finances at Arsenal.

Crazy, that same summer Emery's first choice winger was Zaha, but palace wanted £80m up front with no chance of instalments, so Raul sanhelli decided to be his usual corrupt self and overpay for pepe while pocketing 3-4m.

Farewell sweet prince Nico pepe! Wish him all the best in France, the country where he played his career best football, hope he comes back completely fired up or we can get a decent amount for him.

Wasn't his fault the price that was paid for him, they guy who did that deal was sacked 7-8 months after for dodgey happenings around finances at Arsenal.

Crazy, that same summer Emery's first choice winger was Zaha, but palace wanted £80m up front with no chance of instalments, so Raul sanhelli decided to be his usual corrupt self and overpay for pepe while pocketing 3-4m.
Why did he not go to Leicester?

Why did he not go to Leicester?
Leicester agreed to pay his full £140k p/w wages, but he wanted to go back to france, can't really blame him, maybe a new environment will help him mentally, I assume he's had enough of england for the time being.

To be fair to Nico, he took a pay cut to move to Nice, and they're covering 75% of his wages, us 25%.

West Ham spending so much money I can smell a Declan Rice to Liverpool or Chelsea before the window closes.

West Ham spending so much money I can smell a Declan Rice to Liverpool or Chelsea before the window closes.
I doubt Liverpool gonna pay 100 million that West Ham asking. Chelsea is possibility cause their new owner playing real life football manager. Though considering they got similar players in Kovacic, Kante, Jorginho, they need more creativity there and not Rice.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back