• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham has been booking profits even through COVID. This is why they can get away with it. They have an absolute sweetheart deal on that stadium of theirs. They're doing the same thing we did in Carlo's second season: jamming their chips into the center of the pot and hoping it works.

There's reason to think it might. United is a mess, Liverpool is off and Chelsea's signings might not jell. Tottenham and Arsenal seem to be in good shape, but they're beatable. Spotting them 7-9 points at the outset is far from ideal, but there's no reason for a West Ham or a Newcastle to think they can't finish second if absolutely everything breaks their way, or fourth if it doesn't.

We're in the same boat Leicester is in: we already shoved our chips in previous seasons, so if we want to make major changes now we're going to have to cough up an asset. They didn't spend as much as we did, but they're also not as strong financially.
I think Leicester is more genuine financial issues due to their owners business struggling then FFP. Villa I believe are the ones closest to the FFP issues we have had

I think Leicester is more genuine financial issues due to their owners business struggling then FFP. Villa I believe are the ones closest to the FFP issues we have had
The Thai family that owns Leicester made their money from Duty Free sales and when the pandemic hit they lost loads and have had to tighten the purse strings to their business operations basically.

I'm surprised Arsenal didn't go for Paqueta considering he was available
We we're Quoted £80m at the start of the window, then Edu came out and said he's a massive fan of the player in mid July and that we hadn't even spoken to his agent etc, so it's a possibility it was all paper talk.

We're stacked in his position to be fair, we need a Winger and back-up for partey, as I assume in the future we'll be playing Zinchenko in the mid with Tierney LB

£70m on Fofana, £62m on Cucurella, £50m on Sterling, *Potential £60m on Gordon, £20m on Aubameyang, £32m on Koulibaly, £32m on Carney lad from villa and the Italian lad from Inter, on top of also maybe going De jong for £80-90m.

Proper Scatter gun approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back