• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't anything to do with the financials that they had to be sold last year, it was due to sanctioning of their owner. They have revenue of over 490m a year. For comparison, Everton has about 193m a year and Villa 184m a year. So every 3 and a half years or so they will have an extra Billion pounds in revenue to our clubs. Of course, they are going to have significantly more spending power.
They got to that position though as they were able to spend freely in the years after the initial takeover by Abramovich

There has to be limits on spending at some point because Chelsea are getting so much wrong in recruitment but they can just throw another £50 odd million at replacements until they get one right.

It wasn't anything to do with the financials that they had to be sold last year, it was due to sanctioning of their owner. They have revenue of over 490m a year. For comparison, Everton has about 193m a year and Villa 184m a year. So every 3 and a half years or so they will have an extra Billion pounds in revenue to our clubs. Of course, they are going to have significantly more spending power.

If they were ran like a normal club, they wouldn't have almost run out of money to pay wages when Roman was sanctioned.

The turnover just masked the billions the club were in debt and he got away with just taking money out his own back pocket.

The new owners will see that pretty quick IMO.

Our backup LB (Augustinsson) is a loan player, we don't have any permanent other than Digne and up-and-coming kids. Getting a player in that can compete with Digne for LB and also can play left wing for 12.5m seems like a very small investment for the PL in today's market. I thnk a new LB was always on the cards once we got a proper manager in that could see the gaps in the squad
It's terrible business

They got to that position though as they were able to spend freely in the years after the initial takeover by Abramovich

There has to be limits on spending at some point because Chelsea are getting so much wrong in recruitment but they can just throw another £50 odd million at replacements until they get one right.
FFP wasn't there when Abramovich bought Chelsea. It was recognised that spending needed to be managed and FFP was introduced.

It's terrible business
Why?
I am not familiar with the player but the fact that he plays in the Spanish league and our manager has just left the Spanish league I am guessing he has a fair idea of what sort of player he is. The bottom line is that Villa needs a LB as we only have Digne. Any suggestions on who would be a better buy for 12m?

Why?
I am not familiar with the player but the fact that he plays in the Spanish league and our manager has just left the Spanish league I am guessing he has a fair idea of what sort of player he is. The bottom line is that Villa needs a LB as we only have Digne. Any suggestions on who would be a better buy for 12m?
You've spent 40m on LBs who are both over 30 to start next season. It's awful stuff.

Why?

Over 10m quid for a fella who is nearly 30, as back up, with no resale value just screams bad business mate.

You've spent a fortune, to be languishing in the bottom half. Most of it on older players who you wont get much back in.

See Coutinho.

Why?

Can I interest you in LWB sensation Dwight Mcneil yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back