• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is 24 and a striker with 5 goals in 11 games this season. He is also a full Argentina international and pulled out of the WC squad due to injury and his contract is not up till 2026. How much do you think a player of that profile should be?

Not £30m. 2 of those goals in the league, 3 against Hearts and FC Twente... it's just a massive outlay in January. Same as Wolves spending £50m on Matheus Cunha and Leeds spending up to £40m on Rutter.

He is 24 and a striker with 5 goals in 11 games this season. He is also a full Argentina international and pulled out of the WC squad due to injury and his contract is not up till 2026. How much do you think a player of that profile should be?
That's painting in a good light mate. I can take his stats and say the most he's ever scored in a top flight season is 7 and he's 24.

Not £30m. 2 of those goals in the league, 3 against Hearts and FC Twente... it's just a massive outlay in January. Same as Wolves spending £50m on Matheus Cunha and Leeds spending up to £40m on Rutter.
Nature of the beast. Personally I hate the Jan window. There’s always a premium on players leaving a club mid-season because it invariably means the selling clubs needs a replacement on the fly. This is why it’s doubly important to get the summer business right. It’s even worse when you haven’t got the proverbial pot to pee in and you’re desperate for attacking reinforcements, which tend to be the most expensive players…

Love threads like this…

“Club x just signed someone we’ve never heard of from the Japanese 3rd division…. We should have been all over that… our manager/DOF/board/Kidman/tea lady are crap “

Love threads like this…

“Club x just signed someone we’ve never heard of from the Japanese 3rd division…. We should have been all over that… our manager/DOF/board/Kidman/tea lady are crap “
It does serve a purpose though as we see all of our crap signings but the amount of players that enter this league and never really play is amazing.

What difference does it make what time of the year it is to how much a player costs? Is it not a massive outlay in July/Aug? Cunha went to loves on loan amd not for 50m but there is an obligation to buy in the summer which 'could' rise to 35m ("The deal includes an obligation to buy at the end of the season for a fee that could rise to £35m.", https://www.skysports.com/football/...rward-completes-initial-loan-deal-to-molineux). But u haven't answered the question. How much should a player with his profile cost?

That's painting in a good light mate. I can take his stats and say the most he's ever scored in a top flight season is 7 and he's 24.
I don't deny the stats, I am just highlighting that is the market value for a player like this. Bear in mind that McNeil cost 18m, so how much more is an Argentinian international worth?

What difference does it make what time of the year it is to how much a player costs? Is it not a massive outlay in July/Aug? Cunha went to loves on loan amd not for 50m but there is an obligation to buy in the summer which 'could' rise to 35m ("The deal includes an obligation to buy at the end of the season for a fee that could rise to £35m.", https://www.skysports.com/football/...rward-completes-initial-loan-deal-to-molineux). But u haven't answered the question. How much should a player with his profile cost?

They just triggered it mate. It’s 50m euros. AKA £50m these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back