• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFP is for everyone though. Promise.

Sadly, Chelsea’s sleeve sponsor is worth double what our entire sponsorship deal is, which includes Hummel.

Their Training sponsor is worth £40m, compared to our £23m for the lot.

Their deal with Nike is worth Treble what our accumulative value is.

Their sponsor is worth double what we’ve got for all.

So straight away, before anything else, they’re on £180m and we’re on £23m. There’s no way we can compete, and that’s before all the additional sponsorships and partnerships kick in.

Sadly, Chelsea’s sleeve sponsor is worth double what our entire sponsorship deal is, which includes Hummel.

So straight away, before anything else, they’re on £180m and we’re on £23m. There’s no way we can compete, and that’s before all the additional sponsorships and partnerships kick in.
Which brings me back to the fact that when Bill celebrated a "mega deal" for 10m a season I was still of the opinion we're undercutting ourselves massively. In fact, we still are - we're not very well sponsored compared to clubs around us, let alone "big 6" or whatever the new big is.

Sadly we had no marketing nous to capitalise on being in Europe - stuck with cheap sponsors and before them was Chang, who gave us nothing anyway.

FFP is an utter farce.

These were already in place when they were £1.5billion in debt and almost no cash reserves when Roman was sanctioned.

They don't have a sugar daddy bailing them out anymore though.

Close to £300mill spent so far this season....

These were already in place when they were £1.5billion in debt and almost no cash reserves when Roman was sanctioned.

They don't have a sugar daddy bailing them out anymore though.

Close to £300mill spent so far this season....

What have we got though?

We’ve got absolutely nothing… we’re still in reality a big name in English football, we’re just ran poorly.

We can’t compete with Chelsea, but we should be expanding our reach to find deals in Asia, USA, and all the profitable markets, and that’s why we’ll never be able to spend like the others.

FFP is a joke, but sometimes there needs to be perspective.

Which brings me back to the fact that when Bill celebrated a "mega deal" for 10m a season I was still of the opinion we're undercutting ourselves massively. In fact, we still are - we're not very well sponsored compared to clubs around us, let alone "big 6" or whatever the new big is.

Sadly we had no marketing nous to capitalise on being in Europe - stuck with cheap sponsors and before them was Chang, who gave us nothing anyway.

Oh absolutely.

The reality is, we accepted ourselves as the best of the rest. Not once have we tried to compete with the “Big 6”, “Top 4”, we accepted mediocrity.

The true sign of ineptitude in terms of income was having Howard, Donovan and not capitalising on the US Market, could have easily had a big foot hold in thag market now.

Everton’s problem is, we’re reactive to what’s going on around us, instead of being proactive.

I’m not saying we should be competing with Chelsea etc, that’s be foolish. But I’d have st least liked to have seen us try and push for deal which helped our potential, another was James & Mina and we did nothing… should have been straight to Colombia marketing.

What have we got though?

We’ve got absolutely nothing… we’re still in reality a big name in English football, we’re just ran poorly.

We can’t compete with Chelsea, but we should be expanding our reach to find deals in Asia, USA, and all the profitable markets, and that’s why we’ll never be able to spend like the others.

Not comparing it to us. But Wolves, Leicester and Us get FFP eyes on them (Leicester have won more trophies than United in the past decade) but there's zero to club's like City and Chelsea.

Let not forget Uefa went to kick City out of the champions league for FFP at one point.

Not comparing it to us. But Wolves, Leicester and Us get FFP eyes on them (Leicester have won more trophies than United in the past decade) but there's zero to club's like City and Chelsea.

Let not forget Uefa went to kick City out of the champions league for FFP at one point.
Oh I’m fully aware, but they can mask their issues unfortunately.

It’s corrupt, but naturally, eyes are going to be on us. We’ve spent £500m with little to no return on it.

We came to upset the apple cart, when in reality, Goodison has 9 boxes for hospitality, We gain between £25-£50m in sponsorship every year.

The big sides dwarf us, so they’ll probably get the same leeway to a greater extent. It’s rotten, it’s a ploy to support others. But reality is the other 12 teams abide by FFP, and we can’t argue. £500m squandered.

Not saying you’re wrong, I agree with what you’re saying, but everything they do, is better than Everton, financially and we’ll every other way.

What have we got though?

Are we?
We've won nothing in ages, competed nowhere in ages, done nothing in ages - we might've been, but realistically we're lacking behind literally any team.

Maybe we're big in the UK, that's a fact, but always as a "oh yeah respect cuz I've heard/saw you were good back in the 80s".

Sure, lotta titles back in the day, but bar 1 FA cup final which we were horribly dreadful in (and people blame it on luck that we got to play a good side... at a final... and not the fact we were absolutely inept and really didn't try past fluking a goal way too early) - sure, a lot of titles, but ages ago. ~30 years of absolute silence is dreadful.

Basically, as a foreigner, I've been asked "who?" or "where do they play?!" by the laymen/casual fans. We're not big, we're not a household name. We'll get a pat on the head by fans of other teams. This will get some hate but it's the way it is when you move away from the UK.
Oh absolutely.

The reality is, we accepted ourselves as the best of the rest. Not once have we tried to compete with the “Big 6”, “Top 4”, we accepted mediocrity.

The true sign of ineptitude in terms of income was having Howard, Donovan and not capitalising on the US Market, could have easily had a big foot hold in thag market now.

Everton’s problem is, we’re reactive to what’s going on around us, instead of being proactive.

I’m not saying we should be competing with Chelsea etc, that’s be foolish. But I’d have st least liked to have seen us try and push for deal which helped our potential, another was James & Mina and we did nothing… should have been straight to Colombia marketing.
I mean even reactively - we were a mainstay in Europe, teams UNDER us were signing better deals, yet we kept re-signing with Chang, who gave us nothing. No chance in hell there wasn't a brand that wanted to sponsor a team actively playing in the Europa League every year lol but we have no marketing department.

Mina and JameZ - Rodriguez is amongst the most followed sporstmen in the world, yet we had no plan about marketing other than literally just showing his face lol

It's not always about competing, just being logical. Sure, sentiment with Chang was nice - but they pay/paid and finance leagues and stuff, yet we can only get the bare minimum as sponsorship? Nah.

Man City were yoyoing and getting just about the same from Thomas Cook as we do from Chang ffs.

In fact even current sponsorship, signed fresh and up to the task in 2022, is on par with West Ham, on the deal they signed 4 years ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back