• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying we don't. But we offset this by bringing in massive amounts of money through player sales.
I’m not saying you don’t, you can still replace an expensive flop by bringing in another player for big money without worrying

The reason for that is that we are an incredibly well run club. We also invest every penny back into the squad. Out of interest, who are these expensive flops who we have replaced for big money?
Mangala, Mendy, Ferran Torres, Otamendi off the top of my head. You’re a well run club because you’re owned by a state and have unlimited resources

I'm not saying we don't. But we offset this by bringing in massive amounts of money through player sales.

Isn't there an argument that the players you are selling for big money now (Sterling, Torres) were brought in originally for big money at a time when your FFP conduct was, let's say under a bit of a cloud. So selling them now sort of cleans the books.
Not going to get all evertheoptimist about it like, I'm not really that arsed. Just thought it's a minor point worth raising.

Mangala, Mendy, Ferran Torres, Otamendi off the top of my head. You’re a well run club because you’re owned by a state and have unlimited resources
Otamendi the Premier league winner who also made Prem team of the year ? Torres was sold for a decent profit after failing to settle, hardly a flop. Mangala I will give you, but that was in 2014, how far back do you want to go? Less said about Mendy the better.

Isn't there an argument that the players you are selling for big money now (Sterling, Torres) were brought in originally for big money at a time when your FFP conduct was, let's say under a bit of a cloud. So selling them now sort of cleans the books.
Not going to get all evertheoptimist about it like, I'm not really that arsed. Just thought it's a minor point worth raising.
I'd say you're clutching at straws. We failed ffp once and that was after they moved the goalposts. Since then we have been clear, despite organised attacks from our rivals. Some of whom(Liverpool) have also failed ffp, but didn't get sanctioned because they didn't qualify for Europe.

The reason for that is that we are an incredibly well run club. We also invest every penny back into the squad. Out of interest, who are these expensive flops who we have replaced for big money?
Wait we're talking about City right? I don't disagree that City are run well but surely you can see the massive advantage having the funds of an entire nation behind you are right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back