• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I always feel bad for the players that slogged them into the PL who then just get dropped/sold to make way for shiny new things.
Their squad wasn't really ready for the PL, so additions were necessary and their owner had promised to splash the cash.

Still, this almost reeks of naivety and recklessness. If it goes wrong, they'll be financially up the proverbial creek, without a paddle and weighed down.

Their squad wasn't really ready for the PL, so additions were necessary and their owner had promised to splash the cash.

Still, this almost reeks of naivety and recklessness. If it goes wrong, they'll be financially up the proverbial creek, without a paddle and weighed down.

Oh you always need to strengthen upon promotion but lots of teams, mainly Fulham, just bin everyone off. Must suck to be one of the Championship champions and then find yourself demoted for a random foreigner that might not even be good.

Do you genuinely think you can get a cash advance without a premium? What’s the incentive for whomever is advancing the cash, hence hedge fund indeed profits - where did I imply they weren’t?

A loan is paid back, that doesn’t happen here at all

The projections are estimated to be €19M annually they give up in order to get the advance, the premium. It’s not a loss financially, it’s reduction in the maximum profits they can return

Moreover, they can buyback the rights at anytime- say via a lower interest loan than the premium once they continue to improve their finances. Laporta has been in office 17 months, huge progress in that time
"It's not a loan, it's a cash advance with interest"

"It's not a loss, it's just a reduction in profit"

I fear you're fighting a losing battle, here, spud.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but what started as a productive window now looks increasingly like a scattergun approach. They defo needed additions but they're going at it like a kid in a sweet shop.

Stinks of Fulham a few years back. I'll wait for the odds to shorten and then have a few bob on them going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back