Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that. But why wait until 3-4 games into the season before bringing a player in. If Lukaku's hammy really was gone, we'd be left with Kone as our solitary first team striker. He hasn't mentioned anything about signing a striker. That is the most worrying thing.

Maybe the players he wants are not available yet.

Van Dijk for example, celtic have mentioned all summer they wanted to keep hold of him so they can qualify for the group stages as that would make them 16 million quid. Once they have qualified/gone out they may look to sell after that
Sergi Roberto - Maybe Barca wanted to assess their whole squad before letting him go, or maybe they were going to let him go and he has came back from pre season a new man and Barca have changed their mind

Could also be a case as we have had to re asses and re work on our targets as our main targets have gone elsewere or want to stay at their club e.g Dann, Payet, Ogbonna, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri (im not saying we have actualy been in for all them)

Plus if it takes a little longer to get a better deal and get your moneys worth, im all for that

Maybe the players he wants are not available yet.

Van Dijk for example, celtic have mentioned all summer they wanted to keep hold of him so they can qualify for the group stages as that would make them 16 million quid. Once they have qualified/gone out they may look to sell after that
Sergi Roberto - Maybe Barca wanted to assess their whole squad before letting him go, or maybe they were going to let him go and he has came back from pre season a new man and Barca have changed their mind

Could also be a case as we have had to re asses and re work on our targets as our main targets have gone elsewere or want to stay at their club e.g Dann, Payet, Ogbonna, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri (im not saying we have actualy been in for all them)

Plus if it takes a little longer to get a better deal and get your moneys worth, im all for that

I see what you're saying but I disagree.

Why have those players gone to other clubs? Cause they could afford them, we can't. We wont spend more than £15m this summer without a sale. I'm fairly confident in that.

I see what you're saying but I disagree.

Why have those players gone to other clubs? Cause they could afford them, we can't. We wont spend more than £15m this summer without a sale. I'm fairly confident in that.

Would you of paid 15 million for Payet? 15 million for Scott Dann?
Their is a point were you have to say "no thanks he's not worth that" and walk away.
Just like we are hoping Chelsea will do with Stones,

Would you of paid 15 million for Payet? 15 million for Scott Dann?
Their is a point were you have to say "no thanks he's not worth that" and walk away.
Just like we are hoping Chelsea will do with Stones,

If I was in West Ham's financial position I would of, no problem. Same goes for Wijnaldum at Newcastle. Obivously we can't afford them, but Martinez has had ample time to find players who we can attract to this club. No excuses for waiting until the final few days of the window to get them in.

If I was in West Ham's financial position I would of, no problem. Same goes for Wijnaldum at Newcastle. Obivously we can't afford them, but Martinez has had ample time to find players who we can attract to this club. No excuses for waiting until the final few days of the window to get them in.

with this board?

we all know what they're like - what if they're not willing to give him the money? he can't exactly come out and say it can he?

done deal

Szczesny (Roma) from (Arsenal)
Kishna (Lazio) from (Ajax)
Donyell Malen (Arsenal) from (Ajax) 16 year old kid

rumours

Blerim Dzemaili (Swansea) from (Galatasaray)
Mario Gomez (Besiktas) from (Fiorentina)

Reactions: FTY
Sky sports news saying Everton have rejected CFC second bid for Stones and reiterated he's NOT for sale at any price.

Nice one Bill and Roberto.

Stand your ground.

Selling Stones and being lumbered with Jonny Evans is like selling your brand new Ferrari and replacing it with a bloody kit car version. Looks promising on the outside but performance is complete and utter shi-ite.

Sky sports news saying Everton have rejected CFC second bid for Stones and reiterated he's NOT for sale at any price.

Stand your ground.

Selling Stones and being lumbered with Jonny Evans is like selling your brand new Ferrari and replacing it with a bloody kit car version. Looks promising on the outside but performance is complete and utter shi-ite.

That's bill's code for ' just bid higher Jose '.

We've never been tested as a club with a bid of 30m + for any of our players.

That's bill's code for ' just bid higher Jose '.

We've never been tested as a club with a bid of 30m + for any of our players.

This.

A 'Now you can panic about actually getting your man, but don't worry, add £10m to that bid, and we be happy'.

Happened with Lescott, Jeffers etc...

Stand your ground.

wouldn't describe evans as that mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back