Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a empty plastic bag twirling in the wind.

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.

they say the miracle of life is the world's most beautiful nature

.... try telling the kids that when @Bungle uploads a GIF of a rhino mounting a cat from behind!

CLEjRL2WoAA6Vuo.png

Lukaku hardly puts a shift in but still gets goals, if he scores goals that's all I'm happy with. What we need to work on is the service to strikers.
I largely agree, but I'd prefer to have someone who runs the opposition ragged late in a match when they are fatigued. Unless you are talking about a second striker alongside Lukaku.

I largely agree, but I'd prefer to have someone who runs the opposition ragged late in a match when they are fatigued. Unless you are talking about a second striker alongside Lukaku.
When he's injured for example, however we could opt for two strikers because Lukaku is often isolated in some games.

Done Deals

Vlad Chiriches (Napoli) from (Spurs)
Abou Diaby (Marseille) from (Arsenal)
Jose Crespo (Aston Villa) from (Cordoba)
James Chester (West Brom) from (Hull)
Helder Postiga (Atl. Kolkata) from (Dep. La Coruna)
Leandro (Santos) from (Palmeiras)

Rumours

Jesus Vallejo (Real Madrid) from (Real Zaragoza)
Nikola Maksimovic (Spurs/Napoli/Fiorentina) from (Torino)
Moussa Sow (West Ham) from (Fenerbache)
Alex Sandro (Juventus) from (Porto) agreement made apparently
Felipe Melo (Inter Milan) from (Galatasaray)
Soldado (Villarreal) from (Spurs)
David Astori (Fiorentina) from (Cagliari) agreement made apparently
Samaras (Sampdoria)
Javier Hernandez (Spurs) from (Man Utd) as soon as Adebayor leaves

Robbie Brady signed for Norwich which means it's now official. We've spent the least amount this summer.

Thus far.
and yet we have signed two first teamers and a good prospect for the future AND still have Bobby's Transfer War Purse intact...

Top Work Bobby.

(p.s. I thought 'War Chest' might be overstating it)

No, but I would be happy if we addressed the issues we had from last season. Centre back, number ten and striker still needed.

Martinez has said a million and one times we want a centre half and no 10.
He also said in his interview with fan sites that we will need to be patient with 1 or 2 of our transfers.
These things can take time and just because we chose not to broadcast our news or the papers aren't interested who we are signing dosent mean we are not looking to get these signings in

Martinez has said a million and one times we want a centre half and no 10.
He also said in his interview with fan sites that we will need to be patient with 1 or 2 of our transfers.
These things can take time and just because we chose not to broadcast our news or the papers aren't interested who we are signing dosent mean we are not looking to get these signings in

I understand that. But why wait until 3-4 games into the season before bringing a player in. If Lukaku's hammy really was gone, we'd be left with Kone as our solitary first team striker. He hasn't mentioned anything about signing a striker. That is the most worrying thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back