Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The media really are going into overdrive to try and link them with a marque signing, as they've failed pretty much in that department up to now.

And the thing is I don't think LVG actually wants a marquee signing. I've no doubt that Di Maria and Falcao were signed against his wishes.

And the thing is I don't think LVG actually wants a marquee signing. I've no doubt that Di Maria and Falcao were signed against his wishes.
I expect you are right to an extent. The likes of Bale and Ramos would obviously add to their squad, but they may not have been his targets.

However, I expect that the 'corporate' side of the business (which is what Manchester United is) want marque signings to boost the club's profile.

Shirt sales, media profile and all that jazz brings in revenue and increases the club's value. Does Schneiderlin and et al? I don't think so.

I expect you are right to an extent. The likes of Bale and Ramos would obviously add to their squad, but they may not have been his targets.

However, I expect that the 'corporate' side of the business (which is what Manchester United is) want marque signings to boost the club's profile.

Shirt sales, media profile and all that jazz brings in revenue and increases the club's value. Does Schneiderlin and et al? I don't think so.

Agree 100%. It'll be their downfall.

Agree 100%. It'll be their downfall.
Their overall transfer policy for the last few years has been suspect to say the least. There seems to be no real direction apart from spending lots.

I already think it has set them back many a year, certainly against some of the other competition and their relevant strengths.

They're not a poor side by any stretch of the imagination, however some (well most) of their signings are 'questionable' compared to others.

We regularly talk about City being average compared to other teams apart from a few key individuals, but Manure's situation is much worse.

Rojo: what's happened to him? Shaw? Reasonable player but not in the league of others yet and nowhere near worth the price.

Blind? Good, but nothing exceptional in midfield compared to those in other squads such as City, Chelsea and other European rivals.

Schweinsteiger? Amazing in and on his day and still full of potential, but concerns about his injuries. They already have a packed midfield as well.

You've got Mata and Fellaini who are both proven in the league; not world-beaters but effective and they seem to have been semi-sidelined.

Then they've pretty much let their forward line dwindle. The club want a marque signing to sell shirts, but they are lacking in many places.

Good domestic squad which will compete to some degree, although in wider terms (Europe etc) they're nowhere near the best.

Maybe they're stuck in the mould of Fergie who could work wonders with a pretty limited squad. I'm not sure LVG and others can do that.

The media really are going into overdrive to try and link them with a marque signing, as they've failed pretty much in that department up to now.

Add him to the list of players they think they are definitely signing. Ramos, Clyne, Otamendi, Pedro, Ronaldo, Bale, Muller, and now Neymar (I'm sure I've missed some)
They're mental.

They haven't looked like an attacking threat since van Gaal took over.

Bingo.

People keep talking about signings but in his short tenure he's had Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao, Javier Hernandez, Depay and Di Maria on the books, and he still is struggling to make a team that can routinely make and finish chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back