Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/23/neymar-manchester-united-barcelona-ed-woodward
Neymar is open to moving to Manchester United from Barcelona though there is a recognition the transfer is unlikely to occur before the current window closes. United are attempting to land the Brazilian before 1 September but there is a long-term strategy to pursue him with the club believing the transfer may be more likely next summer.

Neymar has three years left on his contract. He is an integral member of the Barcelona team that won the Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey treble last season. Yet United are clear they could prise him from the Spanish club. The 23-year-old would consider joining, according to sources close to the forward. He is attracted by the size and history of United and the chance to play in the Premier League.

We have the lowest net spend in the league over the last 5 or 6 seasons. Indeed we are in credit over that period.
Any money we spend is coming out of that and is not fresh spending.
As long as we are not spending money we don't have what's the issue?

We have the lowest net spend in the league over the last 5 or 6 seasons. Indeed we are in credit over that period.

Problem is you've got proper lucky on bringing in and selling the odd Bale, but you keep recycling the money you bring in on players that never push you on another level - and part of that problem is overspending on gash like Soldado etc.

I think you'll throw silly money at Berahino and not be a better team as a result of it.

Oh, just to clarify, I really, really hope Spurs splash £30m on Berahino - as he is the most overrated player I've ever seen. No hyperbole there either; literally ever.

Don't tell the local BU members that on the Everton forum they'd set fire to you!

Problem is you've got proper lucky on bringing in and selling the odd Bale, but you keep recycling the money you bring in on players that never push you on another level - and part of that problem is overspending on gash like Soldado etc.

I think you'll throw silly money at Berahino and not be a better team as a result of it.
saved me posting pretty much the same thing . You could afford lamela , Paulinho , soldado but I'm pretty sure your owners are unhappy you lost millions when selling them on

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/23/neymar-manchester-united-barcelona-ed-woodward
Neymar is open to moving to Manchester United from Barcelona though there is a recognition the transfer is unlikely to occur before the current window closes. United are attempting to land the Brazilian before 1 September but there is a long-term strategy to pursue him with the club believing the transfer may be more likely next summer.

Neymar has three years left on his contract. He is an integral member of the Barcelona team that won the Champions League, La Liga and Copa del Rey treble last season. Yet United are clear they could prise him from the Spanish club. The 23-year-old would consider joining, according to sources close to the forward. He is attracted by the size and history of United and the chance to play in the Premier League.

Obviously had a chat with Dani Alves as to how get few extra grand a week at Barca.

We have one striker. What would you do?

Personally, I think averaging 5th over the last six seasons while spending less money than every other team in the prem is actually quite an achievement.

We have one striker. What would you do?

Personally, I think averaging 5th over the last six seasons while spending less money than every other team in the prem is actually quite an achievement.

Buy a better striker mate. I have no idea why your club thinks Berahino is worth any more than £10m - it just seems like what you always do; buy average players for superstar money.

You haven't spent less money either - you've spent less net, but you've actually spent an incredible amount.

saved me posting pretty much the same thing . You could afford lamela , Paulinho , soldado but I'm pretty sure your owners are unhappy you lost millions when selling them on

Buy a better striker mate. I have no idea why your club thinks Berahino is worth any more than £10m - it just seems like what you always do; buy average players for superstar money.

You haven't spent less money either - you've spent less net, but you've actually spent an incredible amount.

In terms of simple arithmetic of course you are correct. But football is a business these days and anyone that thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

From a business perspective we do not invest any money in the team. Fact.

Two other points. What that Daily Fail says we (any team) has spent on a player is not usually correct and the other point I was going to make I can't now be bothered as the subject is boring me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back