Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but I sure as shooting ain't starting a thread about this bugger.

Adrian Durham.

Waxing lyrical right now about the stance Baggies took and about how they "nurtured" him and made him the player he is and that if Spurs didn't meet their valuation of Beradinho then they were right not letting him go.

And I concur totally.

But this bugger spent the best part of a month preaching to us that we should be letting Stones go to Chelsea "for the good of his career" even though that club never made an offer anyepwhere near Everton's valuation of the player.

:pint2:

I got as far as Adrian Durham....

CN6Hy0UXAAA-YIA.jpg

The transfer window was best for mid to lower table teams and City but competition is going to dwindle in the league at the top.

ManUtd are richer than anyone in the world yet one season out of champions league led to a £308m spend. City go potless one season and go and spend £120m+ on just 3 players.Chelsea blew the bank last summer and would have again if Pogba had been available or Kenwright/Martinez hadn't given them the finger..the closer you get to the top,the more the top will stupidly outspend the rest.

We are not poor but I think it's alie how much money we have. We can generate revenue but the fans and Sky/BT give most of that money. I don't think we can properly compete with the top 3 which is why last season and this we've started buying u18's players in numbers again. I can guarantee if we find a De Bruyne/

But United cannot keep doing this.

United can only roll the dice so many times.

They cannot keep up with the other two if they don't get it right.

Chelsea have been shown they can no longer bully teams into buying their players.

And hopefully ISIS will do sommat useful like taking over the UAE and that'll see City heading back whence the came a mere 16 years ago....the third division ;)

Stopped listening to that station years ago. It's full of a holes with their club loyalties,tossers trying to show just how laddish and knowledgeable about football they are ,(think Lovejoy on steroids) and wummers like Durham.

No offence but Durham thought Bergkamp was overrated even as a wind up that's really stupid.

But United cannot keep doing this.

United can only roll the dice so many times.

They cannot keep up with the other two if they don't get it right.

Chelsea have been shown they can no longer bully teams into buying their players.

And hopefully ISIS will do sommat useful like taking over the UAE and that'll see City heading back whence the came a mere 16 years ago....the third division ;)

We can but hope

http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/news/zenit-slam-ac-milan-witsel-approach/
Zenit Saint Petersburg general director Maxim Mitrofanov has hit out at AC Milan and Juventus over their approach for midfielder Axel Witsel. The Rossoneri were keen to land the Belgian international at the end of the transfer window, with vice-president Adriano Galliani admitting a deal was possible. Juve were also linked with a move, landing Hernanes instead, and the Russian director has accused both clubs of trying to land Witsel without Zenit’s consent.

“We did not receive concrete offers from any Serie A club,” he told Championat.com. “When the window was about to close, Milan asked us about the player but without a real offer. Over the final two days they engaged in talks with the player, but we kindly reminded them what day it was on the calendar. They were certain they had a yes from the player’s agent.

“I don’t know if Juventus, Milan or some other clubs should be banned for a couple of seasons. “We have facts and we could send them to UEFA, stating that a player under contract with us engaged in talks without our consent.

“Everyone must be in agreement, clubs included. That is how transfers work. “Otherwise clubs can pay the buy-out clause without having to contact us.”

Some info on Firmino
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...g-you-need-to-know-about-the-liverpool-target

And where he might fit in
@br_uk: What would Roberto Firmino bring to Liverpool? @thisisanfield look at how #lfc could line up http://t.co/MhLJ6wPun7

Like @blue4eva77 would prefer it if they didn't get Firmino or Bacca (no idea on Rondon) although no guarantee they would adapt to the league of course.

Hope Firminho doesn't go there, he's a quality player who needs a platform to perform. He no doubt sees it as a stepping stone before going onto one of the top four in England or a big club in La Liga.

I do not like this news that links him with Liverpool. FFS.

Sky Sports says Hoffenheim have accepted bid from Liverpool for Firmino. If thats around 15mil i will be very very miffed. Almost literally the perfect player for us..

Not seen anything from this 28m lad so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back