Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio Ramos is probably going there. They have quite an old team so I'm not sure about them. It could go either way and it will also cost a fortune to replace over the next few years.

Old? Explain?

If say this was our XI next year -

Oblak 22
Darmian 25
Smalling 25
Ramo 29
Shaw 20
Schweinsteiger 30
Schneiderlin 25
Herrera 25
Depay 21
Rooney 29
Mata 27

How's that old?
perfect mixture of experience and youth.

Carrick is a year older and last season he was still their best midfielder. Who knows if Depay is going to work out. Schweinsteiger is injury prone. Di Mario was very poor after his purple patch at the start.

I still think it looks like a collection of old big names and not really a team. It reminds me of AC Milan a few years ago. If Rooney gets injured they're [Poor language removed].
haha what an extremely negative spin on everything.

haha what an extremely negative spin on everything.

It is quite a negative spin but bears some truth.

Schweinstiger is older and will take some adjusting to the league. When Carrick was injured last year,you were ordinary in midfield even with Herrera/Mata/Blind.

Goal scoring is a problem too. Depay could replicate what he did at PSV but very few players come to Epl and do that. You need a top level striker as do we.

If De Gea goes you start the new season with a keeper that's untested in the premier league,meaning Otamendi/Ramos(good defender but a stupid hot head) have to become rock like at the centre of defence pretty quickly.
This isn't Spain,there are no freebie games. For the rest of us,by the time we've bedded in new defensive and some offensive players, the stable spine of Courtois,Terry,Matic,Fabregas and Costa are 5-10 pets clear.

Yes you'll challenge but you're throwing together a spine. History in this league has shown us that the most successful teams have one or two additions,rebuilt teams take a while. You'll do well in the cups and in the league but the 2 top prizes will elude you.

Feel free to quote me if Man U prove me wrong. I doubt it though.

Depay---Schneiderlin---Herrera---Di Maria
----------------Schweinsteiger---------------

hhh-not-bad-o.gif

Christ, just remembered that they still have Mata, Fellaini, Carrick and Blind (if needs be).

Forgot about Mata too lol

That is pretty shabby re Casillas. I know he had declined badly in recent seasons but to usher a club hero out the door like that leaves a bad taste regardless of recent form.

He's meant to be a massive bell though - countless managers have tried to get rid of him (Capello, Mourinho). So the idea that the club usher him out the back door might be warrented.

Di Maria is off to PSG and their best player is off to Real. Amazed they haven't bought a striker yet,not that there are many top quality ones willing to move in a season that's just before the Euros.

Fat United fan I sit with reckons they're going to play Depay up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back