Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
United will challenge for the league now.

They'll bag another striker and centre half before the window closes I bet too.

Cassilas was playing crap though.
All goal keepers go through a bit of bad form and I'm not denying it I watched a few games he was awful in. However surely a legend like him deserved a bit more faith from the manager. This season he hasn't been bad, maybe not World Class but certainly not a liability. It was temporary and Mourinho didn't need to do what he did or maybe he did but the way he did it was ruthless and that's my point.

All goal keepers go through a bit of bad form and I'm not denying it I watched a few games he was awful in. However surely a legend like him deserved a bit more faith from the manager. This season he hasn't been bad, maybe not World Class but certainly not a liability. It was temporary and Mourinho didn't need to do what he did or maybe he did but the way he did it was ruthless and that's my point.

Mourinho doesn't give a hoot who he annoys as long as he wins stuff mate.

I wish he was our manager.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-raheem-sterling-49m-9641040

basically most of swansea's 1st team/backups cost less than sterling.

Total: £45.5 million
Swans-transfer-XI.jpg

they'll miss him massively no doubt. as you say, he carried them last season - but if he played for pretty much 15 or 16 other different prem clubs he wouldn't get anywhere near the hype. just look at berahino as an example, any doubt if he was there he'd be valued at £40+m after last season and every good thing he did would have been magnified a hundred times over. sterling was the last hope they had though - the last hope they had of having that player to drag them out of the mud continually. look at their squad now and there's nobody there.

worth nowhere near the price but i'm glad he's left them.
It's the symbolism of him leaving that will hurt the most. The kid is only 20 and already he's too big for Liverpool.

Is it just me that thinks Sterling's worth the money?
Got better stats than Messi at the same age(don't think he'll be as good as Messi FS!)
Carried a bang average Liverpool team, played out of postion.
The season when Liverpool won the "Champions In March Trophy" he was top drawer.
He has all the tools to be world class.
Far more likely to be the new Bale than the new Sinclair.

I don't think he had. Countinho and Henderson were the main drive in that side last season.

Also, out of position? His biggest flaw is that he doesn't have a position.

He's not a good winger, as he was found out very early as a wide player. He's not a striker. He's not a number 10.

What he did very well at is play is play wide in an attacking 3. But that was also with a world class striker and a good premiership striker next to him.

And the problem there will be theyve bought a player who's not developed, in a side that doesn't play 4.3.3.

Mourinho doesn't give a hoot who he annoys as long as he wins stuff mate.

I wish he was our manager.
I know. So do I. My point was that he's able to provoke such fierce loyalty and togetherness but there's certainly no one for all, all for one. It's more one for all, all for mourinho. Maybe I'm just not that type of person that could go along with something like that.

I don't think he had. Countinho and Henderson were the main drive in that side last season.

He's not a good winger, as he was found out very early as a wide player. He's not a striker. He's not a number 10.

What he did very well at is play is play wide in an attacking 3. But that was also with a world class striker and a good premiership striker next to him.

And the problem there will be theyve bought a player who's not developed, in a side that doesn't play 4.3.3.

Henderson wasn't as good as he was the previous season.
The Bodge played him as a number 9, as a left back, as a winger.
He'll fit in well at City.

United will challenge for the league now.

They'll bag another striker and centre half before the window closes I bet too.
Sergio Ramos is probably going there. They have quite an old team so I'm not sure about them. It could go either way and it will also cost a fortune to replace over the next few years.

I think there's a good chance they'll play Aquero, Bony and Sterling in a forward 3.

Sergio Ramos is probably going there. They have quite an old team so I'm not sure about them. It could go either way and it will also cost a fortune to replace over the next few years.

Midfield is sold though. Very combative. Can dictate games.

Midfield is sold though. Very combative. Can dictate games.
Carrick is a year older and last season he was still their best midfielder. Who knows if Depay is going to work out. Schweinsteiger is injury prone. Di Mario was very poor after his purple patch at the start.

I still think it looks like a collection of old big names and not really a team. It reminds me of AC Milan a few years ago. If Rooney gets injured they're [Poor language removed].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back