Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casillas has played 725 games for Madrid and has won every trophy there is: winner of three European Cups and five league titles, as well as two European Championships and the World Cup with Spain. The club captain, he has been there for quarter of a century and had intended to be there his entire life. But Madrid did not want him and did not wave him off. He came in on his own, sat on his own and left on his own. His former team-mates were on a plane to Australia, president Florentino Pérez was not present and no director accompanied him. There were none even in the room. There were no fans in the stadium, either, although a few had gathered outside.

A lot of talk about Perez disliking Iker and that he's tried for many years to push him out. Finally successful I guess, which is a huge shame.

Casillas has played 725 games for Madrid and has won every trophy there is: winner of three European Cups and five league titles, as well as two European Championships and the World Cup with Spain. The club captain, he has been there for quarter of a century and had intended to be there his entire life. But Madrid did not want him and did not wave him off. He came in on his own, sat on his own and left on his own. His former team-mates were on a plane to Australia, president Florentino Pérez was not present and no director accompanied him. There were none even in the room. There were no fans in the stadium, either, although a few had gathered outside.

Shows you how much of a [Poor language removed] Mourinho is. He did the same to Cole and Lampard and tried to stop Cech from going to Arsenal.

That's the thing I don't understand about these men. They provoke such fierce loyalty and togetherness when they need them but surely the players aren't stupid and know when they're no longer needed they'll be discarded. At least Lampard and Cech had the smarts not to get manipulated into a move that didn't suit them personally which I'm sure Mourinho tried.

Maybe all footballers know when it's not happening to them that they're simply doing their job.

Shows you how much of a [Poor language removed] Mourinho is. He did the same to Cole and Lampard and tried to stop Cech from going to Arsenal.

That's the thing I don't understand about these men. They provoke such fierce loyalty and togetherness when they need them but surely the players aren't stupid and know when they're no longer needed they'll be discarded. At least Lampard and Cech had the smarts not to get manipulated into a move that didn't suit them personally which I'm sure Mourinho tried.

Maybe all footballers know when it's not happening to them that they're simply doing their job.

No mate.

@RobDawsonMEN: United have agreed a deal with Southampton for Morgan Schneiderlin. Had his medical today and should be on the plane to US tomorrow #MUFC

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

giphy.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Is it just me that thinks Sterling's worth the money?
Got better stats than Messi at the same age(don't think he'll be as good as Messi FS!)
Carried a bang average Liverpool team, played out of postion.
The season when Liverpool won the "Champions In March Trophy" he was top drawer.
He has all the tools to be world class.
Far more likely to be the new Bale than the new Sinclair.

Got better stats than Messi at the same age(don't think he'll be as good as Messi FS!)
The season when Liverpool won the "Champions In March Trophy" he was top drawer.

they'll miss him massively no doubt. as you say, he carried them last season - but if he played for pretty much 15 or 16 other different prem clubs he wouldn't get anywhere near the hype. just look at berahino as an example, any doubt if he was there he'd be valued at £40+m after last season and every good thing he did would have been magnified a hundred times over. sterling was the last hope they had though - the last hope they had of having that player to drag them out of the mud continually. look at their squad now and there's nobody there.

worth nowhere near the price but i'm glad he's left them.

He's not a 50m player now but he could be a 100m pound player in 4 years, like someone like Hazard however the chance of that happening is probably around 25%. His main issues is he's too powder puff in front of goal and generally doesn't have a great end product.

The reality is if he wasn't English he would be worth about 25m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back