Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabregas, Pique, Alba.

they were poached from their development. Different thing. Stoke are just signing up young players who barca arent arsed about, arsenal/united were actively looking to steal their talented players.

Hold me to this, but none of the stoke players they have taken will get anywhere near the level as fabregas and pique. Remember wenger as well as stealing fabregas also tried to get messi.

The way to do it is to get ones like Deulofeu on loan and then hope after a season that they join.

I have championed signing their youth in the past to play robertos system and i stand by that.

But at the same time i can appreciate if we, stoke or anyone else is plucking stragglers from their academy, we arent signing world class talent. they turn out good then thats a bonus, but if they were tlaented enough they would still be there or being sold for real money.

But yeah, id take their youth in our academy as well, even if its cast offs. I just don't think we are missing out wither not getting them, no guarantee they would even develop the way we would expect.

Shouldnt just be Barca either...martinez said some of the top sides in europe wanted to loan us players...and i dont mean Atsu level from Chelsea either.

well fairs fair it worked once.........

to that extent it worked with lukaku as well haha there is genuis to your madness!

Shouldnt just be Barca either...martinez said some of the top sides in europe wanted to loan us players...and i dont mean Atsu level from Chelsea either.

dont believe a a word of that mate, that was just sales talk to make us seem bigger over the del loan originally.

I think people seem to misconstrue what happened with out loans. Chances are if a top team wants to loan a young player out to a premier league team, it isnt to sell them in the future. Del was a unique situation that probably came about thanks to htem sending him to sevilla rather than back here. Lukaku was unique because how often do we get a world class potential striker joining us? chelsea only sold for FFP (and other reasons which are my crazy theories) and he only came to us because we had him on loan.

but yeah, if loaning themn does increase chances then fine, but not too young, otherwise waste of time doing that.

Should be targetting the clubs with large squads where the young lads will not get a look in which is pretty obvious.

I'm surprised Dortmund also havent been pillaged after Klopp left and they had such a poor season.

dont believe a a word of that mate, that was just sales talk to make us seem bigger over the del loan originally.

I think people seem to misconstrue what happened with out loans. Chances are if a top team wants to loan a young player out to a premier league team, it isnt to sell them in the future. Del was a unique situation that probably came about thanks to htem sending him to sevilla rather than back here. Lukaku was unique because how often do we get a world class potential striker joining us? chelsea only sold for FFP (and other reasons which are my crazy theories) and he only came to us because we had him on loan.

but yeah, if loaning themn does increase chances then fine, but not too young, otherwise waste of time doing that.

Should be targetting the clubs with large squads where the young lads will not get a look in which is pretty obvious.

I'm surprised Dortmund also havent been pillaged after Klopp left and they had such a poor season.

they dont have that good of a youth set up though. No better than anyone else. They were a sum of all parts team with many bargain signings rather than big ones. Gundogan seems to be going tbut they all seem loyal after that

The way to do it is to get ones like Deulofeu on loan and then hope after a season that they join.
Ive been banging on about this forever, but Real want Jese to go on loan. Would sort out a TON of our attacking issues, would almost be guaranteed to get tons of playing time. Dont know if they would want him to go to the PL, but think it could make a lot of sense.

Ive been banging on about this forever, but Real want Jese to go on loan. Would sort out a TON of our attacking issues, would almost be guaranteed to get tons of playing time. Dont know if they would want him to go to the PL, but think it could make a lot of sense.
not actually too sure what position he plays lol

going on fifa knowledge he is a midfielder but i read up about him being a striker? As i dont watch many real games i cant confirm either

Would be a good signing though, have read he is a decent prospect. But saying that cherizev was and he hasnt done anyhting there either

Agreement reached between PSG and Man Utd over Di Maria. I'm also guessing Cavani will come into the picture at some point going the other way.

not actually too sure what position he plays lol

going on fifa knowledge he is a midfielder but i read up about him being a striker? As i dont watch many real games i cant confirm either

Would be a good signing though, have read he is a decent prospect. But saying that cherizev was and he hasnt done anyhting there either
He's pretty much any position up front. Can play left/right/center/striker. Good attacking midfielder too. Good with both feet as well.

He's pretty much any position up front. Can play left/right/center/striker. Good attacking midfielder too. Good with both feet as well.
imgaine us signing him then and he turns out to be quality? Perhaps even a barca loan like we have with del?

more chance of signing that cherizchev i know but dreaming of signing actual talent again and not someone from Wolves or wigan lol

REALLY doubt it would be a full-stop transfer. He was playing lights out last year, keeping Isco and Bale out of the squad. But they have significantly more invested in those players and they need him to get game time.

doubt he would go to the PL tho, its just too different than La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back