• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I thought Rodri was more intended as a Fernandinho cover/replacement. But yeah they've got Bernardo and Foden as well as KDB. But Sane is going so he could be considered a versatile option cover AM and wide positions.

Yeah, they'll probably get a couple in this summer tbf, just don't see what grealish would bring them. They could pay that sort of fee for the best in europe.

If we just had a couple of decent centre backs.... :(
I think your whole defence needs an overhaul If I’m honest. Only Ederson and Laporte are top quality. Your midfield and attack are so good, you dominate possession in virtually every game you play. The RS have done you repeatedly on the counter attack over the last couple of years. A Koulibaly and Laporte partnership would go a long way in strengthening your defence.

Barca's business over the last few years really has been utterly baffling. Can see them struggling for a period after Messi hangs up his boots in a similar way that Man Utd struggled after Ferguson departed.

Barca's business over the last few years really has been utterly baffling. Can see them struggling for a period after Messi hangs up his boots in a similar way that Man Utd struggled after Ferguson departed.
I think it stems from their erratic choice of managers. Messi seems to run the show at that club, managers play second fiddle to him. But because they hire second rate managers, great players will only get you so far, you need tactics against the other elite teams. The managers they ‘ve had post Pep have been poor.

Barca now sold Cucurella to Getafe for €10 mil, I’d love him at left mid for us if we’re persisting with the 442 under Carlo - our fans would love him, unreal engine on him

They still have money from the Hazard deal remember. Even with Werner and Ziyech not sure they've even touched their actual transfer pot.

Aye but if Havertz goes they'd shoot well past it.
Just mad how Covid is effecting almost every other club as well.

I would love to have him but I'm not sure he fits the profile of our transfer targets these days.
He's 29yo and from all reports the fee would be north of £80m.
We have in recent years gone for the circa 25yo players with a fee of around £50 - £60m.
I genuinely hope I am wrong because as you say, him and Laporte would be some combination.

There is a strong rumour swirling on the City forums that we are seriously in for Jack Grealish.
I hope not. Joey Barton in disguise...
To have one Joey Barton is unfortunate, to have two Joey Bartons is downright carelessness.

- Oscar Wilde,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back