Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that its always the Nigerians that lie about their age? lol

We'll have to wait and see I guess but I would've preferred Aboubakar from Porto

Aye hope he turns out ok for you mate, but from watching CSKA a fair bit and Russian footy in general the standard is so poor that i'd just be mega weary about buying any striker certainly whose made there name in those parts. The only one i would have had no reservations about being able to make it in the premiership would have been Hulk - but he went for the payday in China lately, being fast or strong regardless of other deficiencies is enough to see you rack up a decent goal tally over here...

Guessing this lad is gonna be used so that Vardy doesn't have to play 90 mins every game whilst mainting a threat of pace on the counter still, so in that regard his limitations may be covered a bit as you will be asking him to just stretch defenses for 15-20 mins at most, and the one thing i won't argue about is that the bloke is rapid.

Glad that your lot seem to be able so far to hold onto your team though, feared the worst if you got gutted (like the media frankly wanted to happen), but going to be a real test next season if you play your stringest team in the CL and seeing if you can approach last years consistancy in the league (which is gonna be really hard to replicate - europe or not)

Genuine question though, cos it's something we talk about a fair bit amongst ourselves, but what would you deem as a successful season for you this year in terms of the league, europe etc?

Aye hope he turns out ok for you mate, but from watching CSKA a fair bit and Russian footy in general the standard is so poor that i'd just be mega weary about buying any striker certainly whose made there name in those parts. The only one i would have had no reservations about being able to make it in the premiership would have been Hulk - but he went for the payday in China lately, being fast or strong regardless of other deficiencies is enough to see you rack up a decent goal tally over here...

Guessing this lad is gonna be used so that Vardy doesn't have to play 90 mins every game whilst mainting a threat of pace on the counter still, so in that regard his limitations may be covered a bit as you will be asking him to just stretch defenses for 15-20 mins at most, and the one thing i won't argue about is that the bloke is rapid.

Glad that your lot seem to be able so far to hold onto your team though, feared the worst if you got gutted (like the media frankly wanted to happen), but going to be a real test next season if you play your stringest team in the CL and seeing if you can approach last years consistancy in the league (which is gonna be really hard to replicate - europe or not)

Genuine question though, cos it's something we talk about a fair bit amongst ourselves, but what would you deem as a successful season for you this year in terms of the league, europe etc?
Agree with all of that but if we've spent £16m on him to play that sort of role we must be mad. Well yeah Vardy has committed to the club, just need Mahrez to follow suit now. I'm resigned to losing Kante because he's simply too good for us. Hoping this Mendy guy is a carbon copy!

It sounds really negative but sensible Leicester fans would be happy with a push for the top 6 and a decent cup run. Would be nice to get out of our Champions league group but all depends on who we get. It's going to be tough to replicate last season thats for sure but I just can't write off this team after all they've done.

Agree with all of that

It sounds really negative but sensible Leicester fans would be happy with a push for the top 6 and a decent cup run. Would be nice to get out of our Champions league group but all depends on who we get. It's going to be tough to replicate last season thats for sure but I just can't write off this team after all they've done.

Grounded response really, think a huge amount depends on keeping Mahrez and maybe more importantly Kante and having the luck with injuries as per last season.

CL is a weird one - you will get utterly written off in the media that goes without question, and yet thats exactly what enabled you to do what you did last season as it kept the pressure off and made you a bit of a team no one gave respect to, and in many ways that allowed you to counter them to f'.

Be funny as hell to see you knock out someone massive in Europe though, someone the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, City etc routinely get bent over by. Can say for the first time in years and years i will actually watch all an English teamsCL games and wanting them to win ;)

By the way don't think it sounds negative, the most important thing for you is to maintain a respectability, being ion the push for Europe next season would be a steady progression for you (and would make last season not a 'freak' result)

Then again like every season all the media have basically locked up the top 4 already so may as well cancel the season now and give the title to pep or jose LOL

Grounded response really, think a huge amount on keeping Mahrez and maybe more importantly Kante and having the luck with injuries as per last season.

CL is a weird one - you will get utterly written off in the media that goes without question, and yet thats exactly what enabled you to do what you did last season as it kept the pressure off and made you a bit of a team no one gave respect to, and in many ways that allowed you to counter them to f'.

Be funny as hell to see you knock out someone massive in Europe though, someone the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, City etc routinely get bent over by. Can say for the first time in years and years i will actually watch all an English teamsCL games and wanting them to win ;)

By the way don't think it sounds negative, the most important thing for you is to maintain a respectability, being ion the push for Europe next season would be a steady progression for you (and would make last season not a 'freak' result)

Then again like every season all the media have basically locked up the top 4 already so may as well cancel the season now and give the title to pep or jose LOL
Can just see us beating Barca 1-0 with them having 85% possession lol

You get a few Leicester fans saying we should be right up there again challenging for the title but as you say even a top half finish would be a steady and healthy progression for the club. It's easy to get carried away and forget we were in the Championship two seasons ago

As you say the big clubs are doing their best to make sure it doesn't happen again but are doing exactly the same as they always do

Can just see us beating Barca 1-0 with them having 85% possession lol

You get a few Leicester fans saying we should be right up there again challenging for the title but as you say even a top half finish would be a steady and healthy progression for the club. It's easy to get carried away and forget we were in the Championship two seasons ago

As you say the big clubs are doing their best to make sure it doesn't happen again but are doing exactly the same as they always do

I actually can see you turning over someone big in Europe, you are in the same situation you had last season int he first half of the season in that no one will rate you or respect you and that allows you to play your game, and they will get a shock.

Think if you sneaked a EL spot this year with getting out the group stage would be a great season for you tbh anything more would be a fantastic acheievement as the league looks to be getting stronger from top to bottom and the CL games must take something out of you

Especially when some of the teams that underperformed last season are eithe Europe free (rs, Chelsea and us), or just in the EL which they will largely ignore early on (United)

Why is it that its always the Nigerians that lie about their age? lol

We'll have to wait and see I guess but I would've preferred Aboubakar from Porto
Not sure on his ability as a player not seen him play much but he is pyar rapid and puts a shift in can see why you signed him

That guy is lightning quick. And that's all I know.

If I remember correctly from last World cup,he's like Kane in taking shots from any angle once within 30yds from goal. So we'll see him score some serious worldies but probably a fair share of row zed hitters as well.

Always found the age thing funny,as if they're all older than they claim they are,then Christ just how fit are they.

Bild say we are the frontrunners to sign Mario Götze... I'll believe it when I see it.

Would be an amazing signing though!

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/em-2016/goetze-bayern-adieu-tottenham-statt-bvb-46715094.bild.html

Don't see the hype with him, been crap for a few years
Agree with @sageyefc, he's not pushed on like he should have after Dortmund. Was up there with the Bundesliga player of the season but just hasn't moved up to that next level. Then again, maybe he needs another move.

Papiss Cisse heads to China the world famous #9 shirt is up for grabs some saying give it to Mitromiss some saying leave it vacant for a season lol

Heard Axel Witsel is signing for Napoli.

Good move for him that.
I still think there's a reasonably good chance that he'll sign for us from the small snippets I've personally heard, but let's wait and see.

No way am reliably I in the know however and it's certainly not worth mentioning it over there (Everton only) as it currently resembles a crèche.

What's your opinion @49ers of the possible move of Draxler to Arsenal? Talented player but not sure if he's consistent enough for the PL.

I still think there's a reasonably good chance that he'll sign for us from the small snippets I've personally heard, but let's wait and see.

No way am reliably I in the know however and it's certainly not worth mentioning it over there (Everton only) as it currently resembles a crèche.

What's your opinion @49ers of the possible move of Draxler to Arsenal? Talented player but not sure if he's consistent enough for the PL.

Very talented player stupidly took the Wolfsburg shilling when bigger clubs were in for him and now wants to bail because Wolfsburg/VW are in the financial toilet.

I'd take him over Goetze any day but he'd be an expensive left sided attacker. It's not my money but I wouldn't pay more than £25m with his injury record.

It won't happen. Draxler to Arsenal is like Schneider to United or Benzema to Arsenal. It's mooted every summer but never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back