Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is progba worth 100 million ?
In all fairness I wouldn't pay £100m for him, but if that's what Manure are willing to pay for his service (and the kudos it will give) then so be it.

As @silent bob rightly puts out, a players valuation is only what another club is willing to pay for him so to that degree he's worth £100m.

Personally, while he's got an abundance of talent and potential I'm unsure what impact he'll have; during the Euros he was underwhelming.

The PL is also a much more physical and high tempo game so the dominance he gained in Seria A will also certainly be tested.

I'm not saying he won't do well, but £100m for a midfielder (who won't contribute the goals and assist like Bale et al) is quite strange to me.

In all fairness I wouldn't pay £100m for him, but if that's what Manure are willing to pay for his service (and the kudos it will give) then so be it.

As @silent bob rightly puts out, a players valuation is only what another club is willing to pay for him so to that degree he's worth £100m.

Personally, while he's got an abundance of talent and potential I'm unsure what impact he'll have; during the Euros he was underwhelming.

The PL is also a much more physical and high tempo game so the dominance he gained in Seria A will also certainly be tested.

I'm not saying he won't do well, but £100m for a midfielder (who won't contribute the goals and assist like Bale et al) is quite strange to me.

Plus they also had him on the books as a kid. Get the impression that jose is trying to undermine ferguson with this deal. Like ferguson is not god and is human like the rest of us.

Plus they also had him on the books as a kid. Get the impression that jose is trying to undermine ferguson with this deal. Like ferguson is not god and is human like the rest of us.
Possibly, as obviously both Moyes and van Gaal felt the pressure left by Ferguson's shadow so I'm sure José will want to remove those shackles.

Bringing him back would be a major coup and would also be the marquee signing I'm sure the money men desire, to help rebuild their stock.

In the end, Pogba is the big name of this window and obviously most the top clubs want him, yet they simply cannot afford him or attract him.

To bring him in would instantly overshadow the two previous managers and show that the José revolution is in full swing; a new start so to say.

I always think value is a relative concept, hes 23 if he is there for ten years then 100 mill is nothing if they sell him at 27/28 for 100 mill + then really its a no brainer.

How is progba worth 100 million ?
Because he will cost less than that mate.

He is a big player now days so sponsorships and shirt sales etc will make a fair whack.

combine with sales of the likes of mata and schwiensteiger to name a couple means the net cost of signing him comes down. So instead of 200 million spent it can drop by 50 million or so. Only reason why united can afford him, because selling players will recuperate the costs.

roughly 80 odd million for pogba (think its 100 million euros) minus 30 for mata, 20 for fellaini, 10 for schwein, 10 for blind (if he goes), there is 70 million made back on the transfer straight away, more or less pays for pogbas fee even if it was 100 million pounds.

Hull want Roberto??
lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

Got to give credit to Stoke

They got promoted and were very clever in how they built their squad

They brought in Pulis, who'd keep them up and let them get a footing. They then bought wisely and have started adding gradually more impressive players and I'd say they have a pretty decent squad now. Allen will probably improve them and if they can get Berahino, and he finds some form, they could honestly be pushing for Europe next season

In a world where clubs like QPR come up and overspend at will only to go right back down again, it's good to see a club come up, spend wisely and retain their position. Stoke, and to a lesser extent Swansea, are the model for what to do when you're a newly promoted side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back