Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
euros have added about 4 or 5 mil to his price tag sadly. but it also showed how they could have had a tidy player on their hands if he had a bit of a run
I honestly don't see the point in selling for that with today's market. He's a very capable footballer and keeps the midfield ticking. Gets ripped coz of Rodgers saying he's world class but he's a good player.

I honestly don't see the point in selling for that with today's market. He's a very capable footballer and keeps the midfield ticking. Gets ripped coz of Rodgers saying he's world class but he's a good player.

no doubt. without being biased he's a lot better than henderson. has a much better footballing brain that's for sure. If they're going to sell him, they need to buy in centre mid ... they needed to seriously re-address that position as well as their central defence anyway.

What have they done? splashing £60m on two players who play the same positions of what you would call their strongest area.

they have about 7 or 8 attacking midfielders as their best players, like a poorer version of arsenal's problems.

Jordan Lukaku has gone to Lazio.

Which I find incredible as the one time I've seen him, against Wales actually, he looked like a right back version of Niasse.

Just heard that if Pogba does go to United, then his first French club, some part time outfit, get £600,000 as a finders fee or something.

No big deal you would think, but their annual turnover/budget is £60,000.

So some good comes out of this insanity.

If Arsenal get Mahrez then they will have the best midfield in the league bar none.

they already do. they have the best array of attacking talent by a long way imo. Especially depth, but that idiot wenger again is looking at positions that don't need filling.

they already do. they have the best array of attacking talent by a long way imo. Especially depth, but that idiot wenger again is looking at positions that don't need filling.

If we got witsel and carvalho + a top left winger and deulofeu on the right and barkley in attacking midfield wed have the best midfield.

If we got witsel and carvalho + a top left winger and deulofeu on the right and barkley in attacking midfield wed have the best midfield.
Sadly not(this isn't knocking our guys, we would have an excellent midfield, just don't think it'd be best in the league) Doubt there's wingers on the market better than mahrez/sanchez. Barkely isn't at Ozil's level as a "number 10" at this stage of his career.

Sadly not(this isn't knocking our guys, we would have an excellent midfield, just don't think it'd be best in the league) Doubt there's wingers on the market better than mahrez/sanchez. Barkely isn't at Ozil's level as a "number 10" at this stage of his career.

What would you say was arsenals best midfield lineup?

I'm basing my opinion on the basis of them landing Mahrez, wouldn't say they have the best midfield at the moment.

Sure but how would you envisage their best lineup of 5 in midfield?

Say we had:

......................Carvalho
.............Barkley.........Witsel
Deulofeu...........................Mirallas

Thats a pretty decent 5....

Sure but how would you envisage their best lineup of 5 in midfield?

Say we had:

......................Carvalho
.............Barkley.........Witsel
Deulofeu...........................Mirallas

Thats a pretty decent 5....
That is a great 5, easily top 4 and I'd windmill if that's our lineup vs Spurs, I just don't think Barkley is on Ozil's level as a playmaker yet. Kev and Del are exciting players but it's definitely blue tinted specs to say either are better or as good as Sanchez and Mahrez, although Del could get to there one day. Just think Mahrez, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Xhaxa is better at this point in time on paper.

That is a great 5, easily top 4 and I'd windmill if that's our lineup vs Spurs, I just don't think Barkley is on Ozil's level as a playmaker yet. Kev and Del are exciting players but it's definitely blue tinted specs to say either are better or as good as Sanchez and Mahrez, although Del could get to there one day. Just think Mahrez, Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Xhaxa is better at this point in time on paper.

They also have coquelin and that egyptian chap dont they?

For depth i guess we could look a bit like this:

DM -- Carvalho / McCarthy
CM -- Witsel / Besic / Davies
LW -- Mirallas /
ACM -- Barkley / Tarashaj / Dowell
RW -- Deulofeu / Lennon

Based upon that we should get the 2 players above and also one superstar at LW. If we stick to the formation then we may also be a bit short at ACM for top 4 unless Barkley can stay fit which is perhaps why we are linked to Mata and Sigurdsson.

So i think we need 3, perhaps 4 players in that midfield....possible cost of £25mil each with Carvalho at £30mil...so £80mil++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back