Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger was staring down the barrel. Arsenal's 'locked in' top 4 status was seriously under threat. He has reacted pragmatically

he's an experienced manager, this seems to be rolled out every single season though. He brings in about 1 player, usually one that is underwhelming (xhaka is better this season, but he didn't even play him anyway), whilst rivals bring in 3 or 4 which pulls them away from arsenal, they lose their opening home game to an average team, look very average for the other 1 or 2 games at the start of the season and then they'll make 1 very good signing as well as one silly one right at the end of the window. It's insanity how he makes the same mistake every season.

he's an experienced manager, this seems to be rolled out every single season though. He brings in about 1 player, usually one that is underwhelming (xhaka is better this season, but he didn't even play him anyway), whilst rivals bring in 3 or 4 which pulls them away from arsenal, they lose their opening home game to an average team, look very average for the other 1 or 2 games at the start of the season and then they'll make 1 very good signing as well as one silly one right at the end of the window. It's insanity how he makes the same mistake every season.
I don't disagree mate. Fact is though, that he's got Arsenal top 4 every season despite his (perceived) persistent window shortcomings.

Parish gave a talk sport interview last night stating that Zaha "won't leave in this transfer window, 100% guaranteed." And that Zaha "would have to wrap his head round that."
All well and good but Wilf can be a sulky git when things are going well for him let alone when he doesn't get what he wants.

I don't disagree mate. Fact is though, that he's got Arsenal top 4 every season despite his (perceived) persistent window shortcomings.

yeah, but let's be honest, that's not exactly anything to shout about. The league has been getting worse and worse every year, hence leicester winning it. I could manage that team to top 4, they have players like ozil and sanchez. That seems to be his aim for the season though, when the resources available to them should see them properly challenging for the league. All it would take is 3 signings in certain areas, the same areas that have needed addressing for about 7 years.

Zaha is pretty crap

Think most palace fans rated him above Bolasie, like.

Though different players to be fair. Bolasie is a bit of a physical oddity and clearly adds the power we were missing, whereas Zaha wouldn't offer anything we don't have already.

Though different players to be fair. Bolasie is a bit of a physical oddity and clearly adds the power we were missing, whereas Zaha wouldn't offer anything we don't have already.
Have never seen the hype with zaha, just a show pony with no end product

west ham apparently getting zaza for £24m. Never heard of him before euros, but as soon as i saw him he screamed flop. He then went on to take one of the worst penalties ever and hopefully he'll fail there.

west ham apparently getting zaza for £24m. Never heard of him before euros, but as soon as i saw him he screamed flop. He then went on to take one of the worst penalties ever and hopefully he'll fail there.
Would piss myself laughing if he gets injured straight away. They must have about 10 strikers already, all injured

Yes. If both were drowning and you could have only saved one, Zaha would have pulled into the leaky row boat that is CPFC. Zaha has the most potential to develop and is more versatile. Bolasie, immensely popular for his speed and trickery is unlikely to improve significantly. Prepares to eat hat.

Have never seen the hype with zaha, just a show pony with no end product
The hype hasn't helped him and nor (at times) has his attitude, but he is decent and will get better.

Wenger was staring down the barrel. Arsenal's 'locked in' top 4 status was seriously under threat. He has reacted pragmatically
I'd suggest it is still under a serious threat even with the proposed acquisitions when you consider their additions and those of others.

Don't get me wrong, Mustafi is a solid centre back and Perez could be a good striker, yet I still think they aren't the stars they really need.

Manure look a dead cert for a top four finish based on José and their squad and I'd be surprised if Citeh aren't up in the top four come May either.

That leaves most probably Chelsea, Arsenal and Spuds to slog it out for the other two and I think Arsenal may struggle to retain it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back