Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion, but he’s not very good and Real were mental to spend what they did on a bloke who had a good World Cup.
He's basically had a goal or assist every other game his whole career. His main issue has been injuries. If he came here he'd be the best attacker we've had since Kanchelskis.

Bale confirmed as leaving but I wonder where to.

I'd guess United; Woodward needs to make a splash (especially with Pogba presumably gone) and he's not afraid to pay over the odds, which has a lot to do with why they're in the fix they're in. He'll outbid Spurs and Bayern.

I'd guess United; Woodward needs to make a splash (especially with Pogba presumably gone) and he's not afraid to pay over the odds, which has a lot to do with why they're in the fix they're in. He'll outbid Spurs and Bayern.

Normally I'd have said United but with the way Ole is managing them and transfers so far I just can't see it.

I dunno, Bayern seemed very confident yesterday.

I dunno, Bayern seemed very confident yesterday.

If Bale's driving the bus on where he lands, Bayern is certainly the more desirable landing spot from a competitive point of view.

Bayern can afford his wages with Robben and Ribery coming off the books, but I have a really hard time seeing them blowing up their wage scale to compete with what United could throw at him. Woodward has a mandate to sell tickets. Bayern considers that form of revenue-maximizing to be gauche.

If Nymzee is correct and Ole actually has final say over transfer policy, then a) good for United and b) I agree that United will pass. We'll learn something about United's current identity with either outcome, to be sure.

Newcastle in for Andy Carrol apparently, I'd like to offer prayers, but I'm not a fan of the RS loving horse punchers.

Is there a more Steve Bruce type signing than Andy Carroll.
Then again it could just be he wants to start with a home win.
Andy Carroll vs Mustafi will not end well.
Send the prayers to the Arsenal fans spending 100 odd pounds for return tkts to Newcastle on a Sunday

If Bale's driving the bus on where he lands, Bayern is certainly the more desirable landing spot from a competitive point of view.

Bayern can afford his wages with Robben and Ribery coming off the books, but I have a really hard time seeing them blowing up their wage scale to compete with what United could throw at him. Woodward has a mandate to sell tickets. Bayern considers that form of revenue-maximizing to be gauche.

If Nymzee is correct and Ole actually has final say over transfer policy, then a) good for United and b) I agree that United will pass. We'll learn something about United's current identity with either outcome, to be sure.
Pogba going the other way might be a possibility. Pogba out, Bale in.

Newcastle in for Andy Carrol apparently, I'd like to offer prayers, but I'm not a fan of the RS loving horse punchers.
Super unpopular opinion but, besides the injuries, I rate Carrol. He's completely dominating in the air, has good control with the ball at his feet.

The caveat being "besides the injuries". I'd never want us to sign him as we already have too many complete and utter sick notes at the club.

*re-reading this, I might mention i ratED Carrol. Not anymore, he's done*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back