Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other clubs transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lot of critism of Germany for dumping him (and Mueller too). It wasn't a decision that went down well with the fans, although I agreed with Mueller being dropped. Boateng I agree with by the way, he is done. This is why Bayern fans are upset, as they got rid of Hummels, who isn't done, and who they all love.

Akanji and Hummels start. Diallo plays on the same side as Hummels.

Bit of a shame for Diallo, really rate him! Has that speed you need in central defence now. Ah well, been a good window overall for Dortmund hasn’t it. Just need another striker now.

Bit of a shame for Diallo, really rate him! Has that speed you need in central defence now. Ah well, been a good window overall for Dortmund hasn’t it. Just need another striker now.

The rate Dortmund defenders got injured the last 2 seasons, I am sure Diallo will still get games! He is a good player. And teams who want to compete in Europe and domestic league do need the depth.

It has been a good window, adding Schulz, Brandt, Hazard and Hummels, and hopefully not lose any major part of the team, means Dortmund are a stronger team. That is what is important!

The rate Dortmund defenders got injured the last 2 seasons, I am sure Diallo will still get games! He is a good player. And teams who want to compete in Europe and domestic league do need the depth.

It has been a good window, adding Schulz, Brandt, Hazard and Hummels, and hopefully not lose any major part of the team, means Dortmund are a stronger team. That is what is important!

Be tempted to go this myself:

Burki
Akanji Hummels Diallo
Hakimi Brandt Witsel Schulz
Sancho Reus Hazard​

Be tempted to go this myself:

Burki
Akanji Hummels Diallo
Hakimi Brandt Witsel Schulz
Sancho Reus Hazard​

I don't think Lucien Favre has ever played a back 3/5. I am not sure he'll start now.

Back four would likely be Piszczek (or Hakimi) Hummels, Akanji and Schulz if everyone is fit.

The members (fans) have majority ownership, like almost all German clubs.

Not all clubs pay the wages of Bayern, Man City, Juventus, Man Utd, Real etc. Dortmund almost went bankrupt 13 years ago, the club has made giant strides. Fans are ok with how well the club is run these days after those dark days.
Ok to play a second fiddle forever ?

Ok to play a second fiddle forever ?

Dortmund are trying not to play 2nd fiddle. This is why they have bought Schulz, Hazard, Brandt and Hummels this summer.

But it's a process. Dortmund have won the league and cup in the last decade, they have competed in europe every season for the last 8 years, Borussia Dortmund are a well run club doing things the right way. But the club doesn't have the sponsorship opportunites of Bayern that is for sure, so the money issue will be a 'thing'. A lot of that is to do with location by the way. Munich is in the richest state in the land. Dortmund is a blue-collar city in an industrial part of the country. It isn't glamorous, and it isn't rich in comparison.

It is what it is, we grow and develop the way the club knows best, and I think fans generally feel positive now, after 3 rather unsettled years when we went through 3 coaches in quick succession.

Aubameyang to United rumour gai ing a bit of momentum. Surely they couldn't do it again, could they?
Strange one that.
I rate Auba, but doesn’t strike me as a Utd signing.

Couple of my Manc mates are loosing the plot with Olè at the moment.
Players they thought were going, now signing new contracts (Mata) and no real movement to bring big players in.

Still early days mind.

Apparently United are in for Wan Bissaka for £55m. Lad would be crazy to go there, much better off developing more at Palace this season and then by next City/Liverpool would likely be in for him.

Big fan of that bissaka but Christ that's a lot of money for someone that's essentially had one full season of football

I don't get what the link is with a Crystal Place player going to MU, and Leicester City. I would think Leicester City would like to keep hold of their best players. They don't need the money, and they are in a good position to compete for top 6.

I don't get what the link is with a Crystal Place player going to MU, and Leicester City. I would think Leicester City would like to keep hold of their best players. They don't need the money, and they are in a good position to compete for top 6.

Leicester have no chance of the top 6.

Jamie Vardy has carried them for years and is getting older each year. As soon as his legs/pace go they'll be like us without Lukaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back